Transitional Care in St. Louis Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
One out of every five seniors discharged from a U.S. hospital will be readmitted within 30 days for reasons unrelated to their initial stay. Expensive, exhausting and delaying recovery, hospital readmissions within St. Louis area communities are easily preventable with Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care from Visiting Angels® Webster Groves.
Seniors are being readmitted to hospitals within 30 days after their discharge. Surprisingly, the reasons for readmission are often not related to their initial hospital stay. National research tells us that there are several factors involved:
- Anxiety and confusion from being in unfamiliar surroundings
- Exhaustion from the constant interruptions during their hospital stay
- Difficulty managing at home alone after a hospital stay
- Failing to follow hospital discharge instructions
- Neglecting to fill and take new prescriptions
- Missing follow up doctor appointments.
- Lack of a transitional care plan
To eliminate the issues that trigger hospital readmission, Visiting Angels Webster Groves offers St. Louis area seniors a comprehensive transitional care program called Ready-Set-Go Home. This program helps St. Louis area seniors get ready to leave the hospital and go home to recuperate and rest.
Ready–Set–Go Home Transitional Care Services
Here are some of the non-medical transitional care services that Visiting Angels Webster Groves offers to St. Louis area seniors:
- Bathing and dressing assistance
- Arranging pharmacy and special equipment deliveries
- Monitoring medications, incorporating new medications and providing reminders
- Preparing healthy meals or special diets per doctor’s instructions
- Compatible companionship
- Escorting to follow up doctor appointments
- Light housecleaning
- Grocery shopping and running errands
- Observing fluid intake to prevent dehydration
- Helping connect with family via social media
- Providing transitional care reports to family and physicians
Ready–Set–Go Home Discharge Planning Guide
While still in the hospital, Visiting Angels Webster Groves provides Ready-Set-Go Home clients with our exclusive Discharge Planning Guide. Listing key transitional care questions for patients and families to discuss with doctors before being discharged, this handy guide is an invaluable discharge checklist. After going home, the guide can be used to keep everyone updated with transitional care progress, especially family caregivers and physicians.
Call Visiting Angels Webster Groves today to schedule a no-cost transitional care consultation. We proudly help seniors and their families in St. Louis, Webster Groves, Kirkwood, Brentwood, Richmond Heights, and other local communities.
Serving Central St Louis County and St Louis City
Visiting Angels Webster Groves, MO7961 Big Bend Blvd
Webster Groves, MO 63119
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.