Preventing Wandering With Dementia Care Services in Albany, OR
Dementia comes with a lot of challenges, and wandering is just one of them. For families across the region, Visiting Angels® Albany OR provides regular and supportive dementia care services. We understand the complexities of memory disorders. With evolving care, we can make sure your loved one always has the support they need.
Wandering happens when seniors get lost, leave the home unprompted, or get confused about their location. This can be an enormous source of stress and concern for you and your family. Here's what to watch out for, and how we can help.
3 Warning Signs for Wandering
Many symptoms of dementia can seemingly crop up overnight. That said, for families in Albany, OR, it helps to keep watch for potential warning signs. Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Agitation. As seniors grapple with the middle-stage symptoms of dementia, agitation can become a common occurrence. Look out for repetitive behaviors, regular pacing, and other signs of restlessness.
- Overstimulation. When a family member gets dementia, routine and familiarity can be essential to their peace of mind. New environments, loud noises, and other stimulation can be too much. Be careful of overstimulation.
- Confusion. Over time, your loved one may get confused more easily. They may think they have to get to work, or other long-past obligations. These and other signs of confusion can be a concern for wandering.
Dementia Care Services For Seniors in Albany, OR
For seniors in Albany, OR, having dementia care services in place can truly help. Here's how:
- We make safety a priority. Dementia can create increased risks for safety hazards, from wandering to mobility challenges. We can monitor your loved one, assist with fall prevention, and otherwise make safety the priority.
- We offer compassion. Those with memory disorders regularly feel stressed, anxious, or upset. Having someone nearby can be important. Our caregivers are compassionate and kind, making sure seniors always have a comforting presence nearby.
- We ease the workload for you. When you're a family caregiver, the workload can become overwhelming quickly. We can take on care tasks or assist you with daily responsibilities, making things a little easier.
Care That's Compassionate, Flexible, and Familiar
Whenever you need dementia care services, our team can help. We work with seniors and their families in:
- Albany, OR
- Salem, OR
- Marion County
- Benton County
- Linn County
- Polk County
- And throughout the surrounding area
Want to learn more about our dementia care? Call Visiting Angels Albany OR and we can take it from there.