Visiting Angels Provides Seniors in Englewood, OH and the Surrounding Area with Home Health Care After a Hospital Stay
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go Home care from Visiting Angels of Englewood, also known as transitional care, provides home health care to disabled and elderly adults following an inpatient hospital stay. Our services help seniors avoid frustrating readmissions during the first 30 days after discharge, when the risk is highest. If your elderly parent or family member is preparing for an inpatient hospital stay, our care can help them continue the path to recovery once they are released.
The three-pronged approach to transitional care used by Visiting Angels of Englewood is effective at helping prevent repeat hospital visits. We will start by providing your loved one with discharge planning while they are still in the hospital. The administrators in our office will help by coordinating deliveries such as medical equipment, supplies, and medications. Once your loved one is home, our compassionate caregivers will assist with tasks and keep an eye on your loved one for any concerning changes.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
Seniors may find themselves being readmitted to the hospital for a variety of reasons. The overarching cause usually comes down to an inability to follow the discharge plans provided by the hospital. Transitional care from Visiting Angels of Englewood can provide the home health care your loved one needs to follow-through with the hospital's instructions.
Additional causes of hospital readmission may include:
- Forgetting to take prescriptions or taking them incorrectly
- Not following the hospitals discharge instructions correctly
- Missing scheduled therapies or follow-up appointments
- Falling due to medication effects or muscle weakness
- Trouble navigating a new diagnosis on your own once home
- Not following the physician prescribed meal plan
How Visiting Angels of Englewood Can Help
The transitional care providers from Visiting Angels of Englewood can assist your loved one in countless ways. Our home health care can help make the recovery process smoother for your loved one.
Ways we can assist include:
- Grocery shop and prepare the home for your loved one's return
- Provide company and meaningful companionship during recovery
- Coordinate transportation to follow-up appointments and therapies
- Preparing meals to follow the doctor's prescribed meal plan
- Help with laundry, dishes, and other light housekeeping tasks
- Offering medication reminders and monitoring medications
- Respectful assistance with toileting, bathing, hygiene, and dressing
- Mobility assistance such as walking, transferring, and more
If you have a loved one in need of home health care after a hospital stay, call 937-855-7777.
Serving Eaton, Germantown, Brookville, Vandalia, Huber Heights, and Oxford Areas
Visiting Angels ENGLEWOOD, OH15 W National Rd #1
Englewood, OH 45322