Overnight Elderly Care from Visiting Angels Havertown
Normally, when an elderly loved one starts to need in-home care, they may be fine with only needing a few hours of assistance during the day. Some everyday tasks may be difficult for them to complete on their own at first due to age-related issues, but having someone there to assist them and keep them company is more than enough for many older adults.
However, some seniors may require more comprehensive, around-the-clock care. A common concern families have is having someone care for a loved one throughout the night. For seniors with advanced age-related issues or a major illness or injury, overnight care can lower the likelihood of any issues with wandering, needing to go to the bathroom and other situations.
If your loved one needs professional overnight assistance, count on Visiting Angels Havertown. We've been providing in-home elderly care services in Havertown, Wynnewood, Wayne, Bryn Mawr, Broomall and throughout Montgomery, Delaware and Philadelphia Counties for over two decades in order to help seniors age in place while staying safe and comfortable. Our home care services can be provided overnight in order to help seniors sleep soundly through the night and assist them as needed.
Who Benefits from Overnight Care?
Overnight home care is the best solution for seniors who:
- Have a chronic illness: Some chronic illnesses can make it difficult for seniors to complete tasks on their own. If you're unable to assist your loved one at night, hiring a professional caregiver from Visiting Angels Havertown can ensure they have the support they need in case they need to take their medication before bed or need someone to change bedsheets in case they have an accident. In addition, our caregivers can monitor your loved one and alert you if their symptoms are starting to impact their ability to get a good night's sleep.
- Are recovering from an injury or surgery. If your loved one has been discharged from the hospital after undergoing surgery or after recovering from a significant injury, they may still need help with everyday tasks because it could still be too physically taxing for them to complete on their own. At Visiting Angels Havertown, our caregivers can make sure your loved one safely gets in and out of bed, as well as help them bathe and complete other personal hygiene tasks before going to sleep. If they need to get up during the night, our home care professionals can help them safely get from room to room or up and down the stairs and make sure they don't fall, which can worsen their injury or cause complications after surgery.
- Have dementia. If your loved one is living with dementia, they may forget to do certain things like turn off the oven or lock the front door before going to bed. Our caregivers can remind your loved one to take care of important tasks and help them set up a routine before going to bed. Additionally, one key symptom of dementia is wandering. If your loved one is prone to wandering off during the night, they may get sick or injured. Our elderly care services include wandering prevention, so our caregivers will make sure your loved one stays in their home throughout the night. In addition, since we provide one-on-one care, your loved one will always have a familiar presence with them to keep them company.
Why Choose Overnight Elderly Care from Visiting Angels Havertown?
When you choose in-home elderly care from Visiting Angels Havertown, you're choosing a home care agency who will put your loved one's needs first. We offer a personalized approach to senior care, so we customize care plans for every single client. Our care coordinators will work with your loved one's schedule and create a plan of care that includes the services they truly need, so they can continue following their nighttime routine while receiving support from an experienced and friendly caregiver.
Some of our elderly care services include:
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light housekeeping
- Medication reminders
- Personal care, including help with bathing, grooming and getting dressed
- Toileting and incontinence care
- Transportation assistance
- Help with running errands
- Meaningful companionship
- And so much more
Our goal is to help seniors get the support they need so they can continue living independently. When you choose Visiting Angels Havertown, you'll have peace of mind knowing your loved one is in capable and caring hands.
To learn how overnight elderly care can help your loved one, contact our Havertown, PA office today to schedule a free in-home consultation!
Serving Havertown, Wayne, Bryn Mawr, Wynnewood, Broomall and the surrounding areas of Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia Counties including the Main Line
Visiting Angels HAVERTOWN, PA1950 Lawrence Road First Floor
Havertown, PA 19083