Assisted Home Care in Boerne
When Parents Don’t Want To Accept Care
If you’re thinking your aging parents might need assisted home care in Boerne, but feeling stressed and guilty because they don’t want to accept care, we’ve got some helpful tips on how to handle the situation.
Talking to Your Parents About Accepting Care
- First, understand that partially, their feelings might very well be rooted in fear. After all, they are keenly aware that they are far more vulnerable than when they were younger. This makes dealing with newcomers stressful and anxiety producing. Acknowledge this and empathize with them.
- Make it clear you are not abandoning them, you are just hiring an assistant of sorts. This extra help will mean you’ll be able to spend more quality time together instead of everything being task-oriented as well.
- Make sure to stress that reputable service providers like us only employ caregivers who have undergone an exhaustive background vetting process, are selected according to senior care experience, and demonstrable qualities like respect, reliability, and empathy.
- You might also tell your loved one that in our experience, even the most reluctant senior comes to value their caregiver and look forward to their visits. Remind them that they are still in control. Our caregivers will never force your loved one in Boerne to do more than they want to, nor will they stop them from doing things they still feel able to do, as long as they are safe.
- Point out that having a professional caregiver means they can stop relying on you for more personal care tasks that they probably loathe having you handle anyway. Assisted home caregivers are trained to handle even the most awkward situation with confidence and dignity.
About Our Assisted Home Care in Boerne
Visiting Angels® Boerne offers services on an hourly basis with varied payment options that ensure our services are accessible to as many local Amelia Island area families as possible. We’re also available for you on your schedule and on short notice. Whether you need us just a few hours a week or 24/7 and anything in between, we can accommodate.
We personalize your loved one’s services according to their exact needs and preferences. Some commonly requested tasks we are asked to assist with include:
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Incontinence Aid
- Mobility assistance
- Dignified bathing, grooming, and dressing
- Light housekeeping chores
- Safe transportation to and from local destinations and appointments
- And much more
We also customize your loved one’s care using our Life Care Navigation™ system that combines services that pull from one or more of our full line, including:
- Companion Care
- Personal Care
- Palliative Care
- Ready - Set - Go Home
- Social Care
- Dementia Care
- Alzheimer's Care
- End of Life Care
- Safe & Steady Fall Prevention Program
- Respite Care
- Long Distance Caregiving
Assisted Home Care Service Area
Our caring and professional team at Visiting Angels Boerne is locally owned and operated. We focus all our attention and efforts on serving our senior neighbors in:
To learn more about how our assisted home care in Boerne can help reassure your loved ones that they are in good hands, please reach out and schedule a free, in-home consultation and assessment with Visiting Angels Boerne today.
Serving Boerne, Fredericksburg, Kerrville, New Braunfels, San Antonio and Seguin
Visiting Angels BOERNE, TEXAS124 E Bandera Rd #406
Boerne, TX 78006
Phone: 830-331-8496 & 830-625-5414