Visiting Angels Provides Specialized Memory Care Services for Seniors in Hyattsville, MD, and Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels Provides Specialized Memory Care Services for Seniors in Hyattsville, MD and Surrounding Communities
As our loved one's age, it is common for them to be diagnosed with a progressive cognitive condition that is best handled with specialized memory care services. You may think that moving them into an assisted living facility or nursing home; however, there is another option. Many local Hyattsville, MD families have turned to Visiting Angels during these times of need.
Our agency has shown to be the leading provider of specialized memory care for the Hyattsville, MD seniors. One of our most requested specialized memory care services in dementia care. No matter where your loved one is with their illness or symptoms, we will have an experienced caregiver there to assist. Your loved one can live comfortably and safely in their own home, with a routine they prefer.
How Memory Care from Visiting Angels of Hyattsville Helps Seniors
When seniors live with memory/cognitive conditions, such as Alzheimer's and dementia, they may often experience confusion that can be associated with severe, irreversible changes in the brain. Over time as the disease progresses and cognitive decline becomes more apparent, seniors often can feel depressed, agitated, and confused. Due to these reactions, seniors tend to require increased levels of specialized memory care.
If your senior loved one is suffering from memory-related illness, Visiting Angels of Anderson can help by providing:
- Meal planning and preparation – Our caregivers can make healthy snacks and cook warm, nutritious meals to ensure your mom or dad is eating as healthy as possible.
- Fall prevention – We can fall-proof our client's homes to decrease the fall risks from their surroundings.
- Mobility assistance – This care assists seniors with limited or impaired mobility to safely move around in the home with the assistance of a caregiver.
- Light housekeeping – This service assists seniors with dusting, vacuuming, cleaning counterparts, laundry, and more.
- Transportation – When/if needed, your provided caregiver will drive and escort your loved one to doctor's appointments, therapies, family visits, and shopping trips.
- Medication reminders – Caregivers can ensure that there are no mistakes with medications, especially for those suffering from cognitive conditions.
- Wandering prevention – We have caregivers that closely monitor seniors while they're sleeping and prevent potential elopement and accidents.
- Assistance with hygiene, grooming, and dressing – provides dignified, discreet personal care assistance, including bathing, dressing, dental care, toileting, incontinence, and more.
Contact our local Hyattsville, MD office today to learn more about specialized memory care and how our expert home health care aides can help your loved one live safely at home for as long as possible.
Serving Hyattsville and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels HYATTSVILLE, MD7100 Chesapeake Rd #102
Hyattsville, MD 20784