Senior Care in Rocky Hill
Safety Tips For Seniors
For seniors, the challenges of aging often occur subtly. They may not realize that getting up and down the stairs is tougher now, or that they're struggling to see in low-light conditions. If your loved one is living alone, you may worry about their safety or well-being. It's times like these that senior care support in Rocky Hill can really make a tangible difference.
At Visiting Angels® Newington, we help seniors live at home more comfortably, easily, and safely. Our care team can help families take steps towards fall prevention, in addition to other safety measures. Let's take a look.
4 Tips For Senior Safety in Rocky Hill
When a family member is struggling with mobility, vision, or other concerns, safety can become an increasing concern. If you're worried about a loved one, here are a few steps you can take to make sure they're safe:
- Check alarms. As we get older, it's easy to start neglecting smoke alarms and other warning systems. It's worthwhile to swap out fire alarm batteries once per year, and to make sure there's a properly installed and working carbon monoxide detector. In addition, think about getting a phone for your loved one's bedroom, so they can reach you when needed.
- Boost lighting. Low-light conditions make it harder to navigate safely around the home, especially for those who have mobility issues or vision concerns. Make sure there's bright lighting throughout key areas of the home. Consider installing night lights for the hallway and even the bathroom.
- Add handholds. Can your loved one get up and sit down easily? Do they have balance issues or any mobility problems? Even if that's not the case, consider installing handholds in the bathroom, bedroom, and even the hallways. These holds can make seniors more confident about moving around the home on their own.
- Consider professional support. If you're regularly worried about your family member's health and safety, it may be time to consider in-home support. For those in Rocky Hill, professional senior care can be scheduled as frequently as needed. Even weekly check-ins might make a world of difference for you and your family.
Trusted Senior Care For Your Peace of Mind
With Visiting Angels Newington, you can always schedule senior care services when you need to. We offer flexible care, personalized plans, and other support for seniors living in:
- Rocky Hill
- West Hartford
- And throughout the surrounding area
Make it easy for your loved one to live at home safely. To learn more about our senior care services in Rocky Hill, call Visiting Angels Newington today.
Serving Hartford, West Hartford and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels NEWINGTON, CT66 Cedar St #301
Newington, CT 06111