In Home Care in Portsmouth
At Visiting Angels® Norfolk, Portsmouth and Suffolk, we take fall prevention very seriously. We know that the leading cause of injury for seniors 65 and older is as a result of falling. We also know that most of those falls are preventable. That’s why we developed our Safe and Steady fall prevention program as a complement to all our in home care services for the Portsmouth area.
If you’re concerned about an aging loved one who is still living at home and worried about their risk of falling, we suggest the following tips to make sure you’re covering all the bases:
- See their doctor. Make a special appointment, specifically requesting your loved one’s doctor perform a complete fall-risk medical evaluation.
- Follow up with specialists. If your family member’s primary care doc refers you to a specialist, make sure those appointments are kept. Things like vision, hearing, and foot care can be crucial to maintaining balance or avoiding unexpected falls.
- Keep them active. Maintaining some muscle strength is vital to preventing falls. Even if they have to start from a sitting position, encourage your loved one to keep strength.
- Schedule a free consultation for in home care services with our Portsmouth area team. During each consultation, we also perform a complimentary and thorough fall-risk assessment of your loved one’s home environment.
Our in home care program provides an array of services that enable your loved one to remain living at home safely. By assisting with tasks and activities that require stretching, bending, extended standing, and even squeezing into tight spaces, our caring and compassionate caregivers provide companionship, assistance, and safety.
Our in home senior care services at Visiting Angels Norfolk, Portsmouth and Suffolk are custom-designed to meet your individual needs. We can help with things like:
- Medication reminders
- Meal preparation
- Food and water intake reminders
- Walking assistance
- Light housework (vacuuming, dishes, linen changes, laundry, and more)
- Gentle and dignified bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance
- Transportation to and from errands, appointments, and/or social events
- And much more
Locally Owned & Operated In Home Care For Portsmouth
Many clients are pleased to learn that we are a locally owned and operated in home care provider. As such, we are focused on providing the highest quality care to seniors in the following nearby areas:
- Naval Base
- And the surrounding neighborhoods
Schedule Your Free Consultation & Fall Risk Assessment
To learn more about how our in home care services can help keep your loved one safe from falls, schedule a free consultation and fall risk assessment at Visiting Angels Norfolk, Portsmouth and Suffolk today!
Serving Norfolk, Portsmouth, Suffolk and the Southern Hampton Roads Area
Visiting Angels NORFOLK, VA273 Granby St #200
Norfolk, VA 23510