How to Get Started
Visiting Angels North/NE Portland, OR best way to provide the highest quality level of in-home senior care requires an initial meeting where family and/or client meet with a Visiting Angels in-home senior client care coordinator. The initial meeting includes a detailed review of what senior homecare is needed, schedule request (if known), goals that the client would like to achieve while receiving in-home senior services, and any other concerns. This is an excellent opportunity to ask questions of Visiting Angels North/NE Portland, OR to learn more about in-home senior care and what to expect from Visiting Angels' homecare services.
The following topics are commonly discussed during initial meetings.
- Specific physical needs of the care recipient with regards to bathing and grooming, dressing, meals and diet, mobility, and incontinence.
- Reviewing schedules involving sleep, eating and medicine.
- Specific emotional needs such as social interaction, activities, conversation, appointments, and companionship.
- Specific assistance with homemaking such as preparation of meals, groceries, linens, laundry, and light housekeeping.
- Logistics of schedules, access to the home, documentation, and the details of how to work with scheduling changes, the office or the caregivers.
- If you would like to proceed with care at that time, we would establish a schedule, finalize the care plan, schedule a nurse visit, and coordinate a meeting with caregiver(s).
Serving Northern Portland, Upper South East Portland and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels PORTLAND (NORTH), OR5263 NE MLK Blvd #B
Portland, OR 97211