How To Get Started With Senior Home Care From Visiting Angels
At Visiting Angels Port St. Lucie, we can help make the process of arranging care for your senior parent or relative by discussing essential details and plans with you and your loved one
At Visiting Angels in Port St. Lucie, FL, we are well aware that starting with senior home care is not easy for seniors. To make this transition as smooth and pleasant for your loved one as possible, we will do everything we can to ensure your family is happy with our approach and services from the very beginning. Our care plans are all personalized, so your loved one will receive care in accordance with their needs, specific situation, personality, interests, and other determining factors.
With us, it all starts with a home meeting where your family gets to talk to one of our friendly care coordinators. During this meeting, our team member will assess your loved one's care needs, take into consideration your family's input and any special requests, determine a schedule of care, and answer any questions you may have. The meeting is also a great opportunity for your family to learn more about our values and it also gives us a chance to get to know you better and create the best possible senior home care plan for your loved one.
What to Discuss When Arranging In Home Care for Your Senior Loved One
Let us take a look at what topics are commonly discussed during the first meeting:
- Your loved one's specific care needs, that is, the type and level of care they need. You can specify what activities your parent needs help with, such as personal care (bathing and dressing), meal planning and preparation, mobility, incontinence, and more.
- Your loved one's usual routine, like when they typically get up and go to bed, have breakfast, lunch, and dinner, take their medications, and more.
- Your loved one's emotional and social needs, including social activities, conversation, and companionship.
- Details about homemaker tasks, including what types of food your loved one enjoys, what types of food they need to avoid, what services they want included in light housekeeping, specifics about grocery shopping, laundry, and more.
- Caregiving details, such as access to the home, documentation, schedule, and more.
Learn More About Our Senior Care Services
If you would like to proceed with senior home care after discussing all these topics and addressing your concerns or doubts, our client care coordinator will establish a schedule, complete the care plan, schedule a nurse visit, and coordinate a meeting with potential caregivers. It is important to keep in mind that our services are flexible, so we can always make adjustments to your loved one's senior home care plan should their situation change. Please give our Port St. Lucie, FL, office a call today to schedule your meeting with our team members and learn more about how we can help your parent.
Serving Port St. Lucie, Fort Pierce, Vero Beach and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels PORT ST LUCIE, FL10570 S Federal US Highway 1 #300
Port St Lucie, FL 34952