How Transitional Care in Puyallup Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go Home care, more commonly known as transitional care, from Visiting Angels® Puyallup WA provides elderly and disabled adults with assistance for hospital discharge. If you have a loved one who is currently in the hospital, or who is planning an inpatient stay, we can help your loved one avoid readmission. Our care is particularly helpful during the first 30 days after discharge when the risk is highest.
Our three-prong approach offers assistance while seniors are still in the hospital by providing information and support for discharge planning. At your loved one's home, transitional care from Visiting Angels Puyallup can help your loved one with daily tasks and keep an eye out for behaviors which may contribute to readmission. Behind the scenes, our agency can help you coordinate food, medication, and equipment deliveries.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
There are many reasons why elderly and disabled adults are frequently readmitted to the hospital after discharge. What it often comes down to is trouble following the discharge plans laid out by the hospital. Lack of support can make it challenging for seniors to continue their recovery once they are home. Transitional care from Visiting Angels Puyallup can provide the assistance your loved one needs in order to avoid repeat hospital visits.
Some additional reasons why readmission may occur include:
- Inability to follow the doctor's discharge instructions
- Trouble managing a new diagnosis on your own
- Falls due to limited mobility or the effects of medication
- Forgetting to take medications or taking incorrectly
- Not following a doctor prescribed meal plan
- Missing follow-up appointments or physical therapy
How Visiting Angels Puyallup Can Help
Transitional care services from Visiting Angels Puyallup can help your loved one in countless ways on a daily basis. While non-medical in nature, our care can have a big impact on your loved one's continued recovery.
Some of the ways we help include:
- Preparing the home for your loved one's return
- Providing transportation to follow-up appointments
- Offering medication reminders and monitoring
- Assisting with walking, transferring, and fall prevention
- Help following a physician prescribed meal plan
- Dignified aid with dressing, bathing, and grooming
- Aid for light housekeeping tasks such as laundry
- Providing meaningful companionship & social care
If you have a parent or loved one who needs additional support after a hospitalization, call Visiting Angels Puyallup today and ask about our transitional care.
Serving Southern King and Northeast Pierce Counties, WA
Visiting Angels PUYALLUP, WA12511 Meridian St E #102
Puyallup, WA 98373