Home Care in Torrance
What matters more than your loved one’s comfort, especially in their twilight years? If you have any concerns about a family member’s well-being at home, we can help with our home care in Torrance, Palos Verdes, and the surrounding towns.
At Visiting Angels® Palos Verdes - Torrance, we believe everyone should be able to live how they choose and where they choose. For seniors, that usually means aging in place for as long as possible. Our locally based care team make this possible for older adults in:
- Palos Verdes
- Manhattan Beach
- Rolling Hills
- Rolling Hills Estates
- Redondo Beach
- Hermosa Beach.
We know what an adjustment it can be for a family to bring in outside support. Rest assured that are caregivers are compassionate, respectful, and competent professionals who’ve undergone a rigorous screening process.
About Our Home Care Services in Torrance
At Visiting Angels Palos Verdes - Torrance, we take a personalized approach to care. Our home care comes in many forms to address the diverse needs of seniors. It's also available at any time, every day of the year.
The home care services we offer include the following:
- Meal planning, cooking, and serving
- Walking support
- Transport and help moving between locations
- Basic housekeeping
- Bathing, grooming, and dressing assistance
- Medication reminders
- Errand running
- Respite care
A Glimpse at Our Home Care Process in Torrance
While seniors may face many common challenges, every care scenario is distinct in its own way. To ensure your loved one has everything they need to thrive — and to help your family feel more comfortable — we'll lead you through the following steps:
- The first conversation — To start the process, call us at (424) 772-6604 for an initial conversation about our services, the costs of care, and the basic details of your situation.
- A no-cost assessment with your loved one — We'll set up a more in-depth consultation where one of our care professionals can find out more about your loved one's physical and cognitive condition, their routine, their personality, and how home care can enhance their life. This is also a chance for your family to ask questions and raise any concerns.
- Drafting a care plan — Working with your family, we'll draft a personalized care plan and schedule that provides the greatest benefit for everyone.
- Selecting a caregiver — We'll select and introduce you to a care professional whose personality, abilities, and availability are well-suited for your family.
Our Personal Care Services in Torrance
In most cases, families come to us when their loved one can no longer handle basic tasks without help. Our caregivers can assist your relative with many everyday activities at home, including:
- Picking up groceries
- Moving around their home
- Laundry, tidying up, and other light housework
- Planning and making meals
- Taking medications as directed
- Traveling to appointments
- Getting dressed and bathing
Our Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Services
Cognitive decline is a widespread issue among seniors. Unfortunately, Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia make it more difficult and potentially dangerous for older adults to remain at home, despite the many benefits of a familiar setting and routine.
Our home care includes more specialized assistance for clients with Alzheimer's disease and dementia. Depending on your loved one's condition and concerns, we can provide the following:
- Wandering prevention
- Medication and appointment reminders
- Appointment transport
- Planning, prepping, and serving regular meals
- Frequent visits for companionship and day-to-day monitoring
Our End of Life and Palliative Care Services
Over the years, we've shepherded many families in the Torrance area through some of the hardest moments of their lives. If someone dear to you is nearing the end of life transition, or is currently being treated for a serious illness, we can support you through our compassionate end of life and palliative care services.
For clients in the later stages of a terminal illness or the natural end of their lives, we offer end of life care to ease their physical discomfort and create a calm, peaceful environment for the family to share their last, meaningful moments.
Our palliative care is an option for anyone, whatever their age, prognosis, or the status of their treatment. We offer physical, social, emotional, and spiritual support to uplift your loved one — and your family — throughout this process.
Our Companion and Social Care Services
Many seniors find themselves more isolated as the years go on, which can negatively impact their health and well-being. We prioritize conversation and companionship as part of our home care in Torrance. Our caregivers can visit your loved one regularly and help them connect with other family and friends via online tools.
Our Transitional Care Service
After discharge from the hospital, many seniors experience complications and are readmitted within the first month after returning home. To help spare your loved one the stress and strain of hospital readmission, we developed our Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care program. We'll coordinate with your family and your loved one's medical team prior to discharge, then make sure your relative has all they need to heal at home and pursue follow-up care.
Our Fall Prevention Program
Year after year, falls are the leading cause of major injuries among older adults. Our Safe & Steady Fall Prevention Program features a personal risk assessment for falls, walking and transferring aid when needed, and simple suggestions to help fall-proof the home.
Get Started with Home Care in Torrance Today
Whether your elderly mother needs help cooking and cleaning, your partner needs around-the-clock support, or you need a hand with your caregiving duties, our home care professionals are here for you.
To learn more about our home care in Torrance, Palos Verdes and the surrounding areas, or to arrange a consultation, call Visiting Angels Palos Verdes - Torrance at (424) 772-6604.
Serving Torrance, Manhattan Beach, Rancho Palos Verdes, Palos Verdes Estates and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels TORRANCE, CALIFORNIA3510 Torrance Blvd #220
Torrance, CA 90503