How Transitional Care in Torrance Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
If your parent or loved one has been admitted to the hospital, you’re probably longing for them to be safe and healthy at home again. But while no one wants to spend longer in a hospital than they need to, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, almost one-fifth of seniors released from the hospital are readmitted in the next 30 days. Since the rate of hospital readmissions is so high for seniors, the transitional care services we offer at Visiting Angels® Torrance, aims to provide seniors with the tools, resources, and care they need to avoid being readmitted to the hospital.
What Causes Readmissions in Torrance
Our transitional care services at Visiting Angels Torrance help seniors in Redondo Beach, Torrance, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Palos Verdes, and the surrounding areas stay at home by addressing the specific reasons seniors are readmitted to the hospital. While what causes hospital readmission can vary widely, a few of the main reasons include:
- Not attending follow-up appointments
- Not taking the right medication or taking medication at the wrong times
- Exhaustion following a changed sleeping and eating schedule at the hospital
- Lack of follow-through with discharge instructions
- Problems managing an illness or disease at home
How Transitional Care from Visiting Angels Torrance Can Help
Our transitional care services use a three-prong approach to address the issues that cause hospital readmission for seniors in the Torrance, CA area. This approach includes:
- At the Hospital. At your request, we’ll visit your loved one at the hospital and bring them a copy of our “Ready – Set – Go Home” discharge planning guide. This guide will help prompt your loved one to ask questions about issues related to readmission, including symptoms to report, times and dates of follow-up appointments, and medication and dietary needs.
- At Home. Our transitional care providers at Visiting Angels Torrance act as the “eyes and ears” in your loved one’s home. They can let case managers or supervisors know about why your loved one isn’t taking the right medication or is missing follow-up appointments. This way, we can address any issues in a timely manner.
- At Our Office. Behind the scenes, our transitional care services help seniors in the Torrance, CA area by arranging food and medication deliveries, providing medication reminders, and accompanying our clients to appointments.
To learn more about how our transitional care services can help your loved one, call Visiting Angels Torrance today.
Serving Torrance, Manhattan Beach, Rancho Palos Verdes, Palos Verdes Estates and the Surrounding Areas
Visiting Angels Torrance, California3510 Torrance Blvd #220
Torrance, CA 90503
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.