Transitional Care in Upland Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
With our transitional care option, Visiting Angels® Upland helps local seniors avoid hospital readmission. We provide care in the comfort of their own homes, designed to help them recover and remain where they belong. Our flexible service may include help with fall prevention, mobility, housework, meal prep, bathing and toileting assistance, and much more.
Why Readmissions Occur
Here are some of the many reasons why hospital readmission is so common among the elderly:
- Difficult adjustments. Seniors often struggle to manage their disease or illness on their own.
- Disrupted routine. Their sleep schedule and eating habits are often disrupted while in the hospital.
- Memory issues. Many seniors have trouble following discharge instructions and keeping up with medication schedules.
- Failure to follow up. Missing a follow-up medical appointment, whether due to memory issues or lack of safe transportation, can be costly.
How Our Transitional Care in Upland Helps Seniors Remain at Home
At Visiting Angels Upland, we take a dynamic approach to addressing the problems outlined above and preventing hospital readmission. Here are the three key aspects of our process:
- Support at the hospital. We believe it is important for us to visit your loved one in the hospital and work closely with the hospital discharge planner. This allows us to brief your loved one about what to expect from our care while creating a plan for follow-up appointments, medications, special dietary needs, and more.
- Support at home. We are ready to become your loved one's 'eyes and ears'. Our caregivers will anticipate their needs and stay on top of their appointment schedule. We'll provide medication reminders and other support to make sure they are following medical advice.
- Support at our office. Behind the scenes, we'll be using our tools and resources to keep track of your loved one's post-hospital situation and provide any logistical support that is needed.
Our transitional care is available for seniors throughout Upland, Claremont, Rancho Cucamonga, Alta Loma, and the surrounding areas. To learn more about how our amazing home care providers keep local seniors safe and comfortable in their own homes, call Visiting Angels Upland today.
Serving the Inland Valley Foothill Communities of California
Visiting Angels UPLAND, CA172 D St
Upland, CA 91786