How Elder Care in Oklahoma City Helps Seniors Transition Home from the Hospital
You may have mixed feelings about a loved one in Oklahoma City being discharged from the hospital. On one hand, you’re likely relieved that they can return to familiar surroundings. On the other hand, you may be wondering how you can offer the comprehensive care that they require to avoid a costly hospital readmission. Fortunately, professional care services from Visiting Angels® Oklahoma City can help. Transitional elder care offers seniors the specialized services that they need to conduct their day-to-day activities without experiencing dangerous overexertion, exhaustion, or injury. At Visiting Angels Oklahoma City, our elder care services are available for seniors who are undergoing a hospital discharge and could use a helping hand in Oklahoma City, Yukon, Reno, and neighboring communities.
Working with an Elder Care Provider in Oklahoma City Following a Discharge
Wondering how an elder care provider can help your loved one avoid a hospital readmission? Here are just a few of the transitional care services from Visiting Angels Oklahoma City that can make a difference for your family:
- Monitoring. An extra pair of eyes and ears is incredibly valuable right after a hospital discharge. We watch out for sudden changes in seniors’ physical and mental well-being, as well as any risky behaviors that could have negative consequences, such as failing to eat healthy meals or attend follow-up appointments.
- Respite. You may be wondering how you can possibly offer your loved one the comprehensive support that they need after a hospital stay while also attending to your other personal and professional responsibilities. An elder care provider from Visiting Angels Oklahoma City gives you and other family caregivers much-needed respite and peace of mind during this critical period.
- Homemaking help. Your loved one may not be quite ready to jump back into their former routine, including daily chores. We can assist with basic housekeeping to help keep your loved one’s home clean, comfortable, and safe. We can also take care of activities like preparing healthy meals and running errands.
- Mobility support. With a caregiver providing mobility support and assistance with physical tasks like personal care routines, your loved one can avoid overexertion and injury.
- Companionship. We help keep spirits high by participating in seniors’ favorite free time activities and offering social and emotional support when needed.
Help your loved one get on the right track towards recovery following a hospital discharge. Call Visiting Angels Oklahoma City today to get started with transitional elder care in Oklahoma City, Yukon, Reno, or a neighboring area.