How Transitional Care in Ann Arbor Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Visiting Angels® Ann Arbor MI offers Ready-Set-Go Home care, more commonly known as transitional care, to help seniors avoid the expense and frustration of hospital readmissions. If you have an elderly or disabled loved one who is preparing for a hospital stay, or has had an unexpected hospitalization, we can help prepare the home for their return so they can continue on the path to recovery. Families find our care especially valuable during the first month after discharge, when the risk of readmission is highest for seniors.
Visiting Angels Ann Arbor uses a three-prong approach to transitional care. We start by providing support with discharge planning while your loved one is still in the hospital. Next, we assist your loved one with daily tasks once they are home and monitor them for any concerning changes. At our agency, we can help with coordination of medication, food, and equipment deliveries. We can help your loved one have a smooth transition from hospital to recovery.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
While there are many reasons why seniors are at a higher risk for hospital readmission after discharge, the biggest cause is trouble following the discharge plan provided by the doctors and the hospital. Seniors who have limited access to support from family and friends often have trouble continuing their recovery at home. Transitional care from Visiting Angels Ann Arbor can provide the care your loved one needs.
Some additional causes of hospital readmission include:
- Trouble getting to physical therapy or follow-up appointments
- Trouble following the physician's discharge instructions
- Increased fall risk due to the effects of medication
- Failure to follow your doctor's prescribed meal plan
- Difficulty managing a new diagnosis once home
- Forgetting medications or taking incorrect doses
How Visiting Angels Ann Arbor Can Help
Transitional care services from Visiting Angels Ann Arbor can help your loved one in a variety of ways, including:
- Preparing your loved one's home for their return
- Arranging for medical equipment or medications
- Providing transportation to follow-up visits
- Assisting with laundry and light housekeeping
- Offering medication monitoring and reminders
- Aid with walking, transferring, and fall prevention
- Providing conversation and companionship
- Preparing meals to follow a doctor's meal plan
- Running errands such as grocery shopping
If you have a parent or loved one who needs assistance following a hospital stay, call Visiting Angels Ann Arbor today and ask about our transitional care.
Serving All of Washtenaw County
Visiting Angels in Ann Arbor, MI2860 Carpenter Rd #300
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.