Alzheimer’s Care and Stress in Beaver Dam
If you care for a parent or loved one affected by Alzheimer’s in the Beaver Dam, WI area, you are bound to worry and stress. After all, you want to make sure your loved one receives the best possible care available. Feeling you have to provide this care on your own, however, can lead to dangerous levels of stress that over time can affect your well-being and your ability to provide the care your loved one needs.
We all need a break every once in a while, and that’s where our Alzheimer's care services at Visiting Angels® Beaver Dam can help. We help seniors with day-to-day tasks, helpful reminders, and comforting companionship, and give family caregivers much-needed respite and support. Below, we’ve listed some of the signs that the stress of caring for a loved one is beginning to affect your health. If you experience any of these symptoms, it may be time to turn to the help of our Alzheimer's care services at Visiting Angels Beaver Dam.
Signs of Caregiver Stress
Signs that you may be experiencing caregiver stress, and could benefit from the Alzheimer’s care services we offer at Visiting Angels Beaver Dam include:
- Exhaustion. The time you spend providing Alzheimer's care to your loved one in the Beaver Dam area makes it almost impossible to complete necessary daily tasks.
- Lack of Concentration. The stress of caring for a loved one causes you to forget about your own appointments, responsibilities, and commitments.
- Sleeplessness. You are kept awake at night by a never-ending list of concerns for your loved one's well-being.
- Social Withdrawal. After dedicating yourself to providing Alzheimer's care to your loved one in the Beaver Dam area, you can no longer find the will or time to spend with other family and friends.
- Irritability. Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's requires patience and compassion. If you find yourself losing patience with your loved one, it may be time to seek outside help.
- An Increase in Health Problems. If you have been experiencing health problems of your own while providing Alzheimer's care to your loved one, you could benefit from respite and rest from Visiting Angels Beaver Dam to improve your health and well-being.
Get the respite you need and the compassionate care your loved one deserves with the help of the Alzheimer’s care services from Visiting Angels Beaver Dam. Our Alzheimer’s care services are available in Beaver Dam, Appleton, Oshkosh, and throughout the surrounding areas.
Serving Dodge & Columbia Counties
Visiting Angels Beaver Dam, WI140 Corporate Dr #2
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.