Transitional Care in Beaver Dam Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
It’s almost impossible to get any rest during a hospital stay. With the frequent vital checks, strange noises and unfamiliar surroundings, one longs for the quiet comfort of home. But when senior family members return to their homes exhausted and alone, they often fail to follow their doctor’s instructions. This leads to a hospital readmission, usually within 30 days. Hospital readmissions can be easily avoided with transitional care from Visiting Angels® Beaver Dam. Ready-Set-Go Home is a non-medical transitional care program carefully developed to help seniors avoid hospital readmissions
One of every five seniors released from a hospital stay will be readmitted within 30 days. That’s an alarming number. Let’s examine some of the reasons behind hospital readmissions and how Ready-Set-Go Home can eliminate these threats:
- Exhaustion. Constant interruptions and irregular schedules while in the hospital make getting back home a welcome relief. Having an understanding transitional care provider to help with running errands, housekeeping and cooking makes a huge difference physically and emotionally.
- Difficulty managing at home alone. After a hospital stay, when at their weakest, it’s hard for most seniors to deal with everyday activities. Our caregivers provide transitional care so your loved one has continued support while at their Beaver Dam home.
- Neglecting medication schedules. New medications and changing medication schedules are often confusing and can be dangerous for seniors. Our transitional care providers monitor medication and provide reminders helping seniors establish new regimens.
- Failure to follow doctor’s instructions. Provided during the hospital stay, the Ready-Set-Go Home Planning Guide from Visiting Angels Beaver Dam makes it easy to ensure that doctor’s instructions, after care guidelines, and follow up visits are followed
How Our Transitional Care Prevents Readmissions
At Visiting Angels Beaver Dam, we have identified three areas where our Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care program can help prevent readmission.
- At the hospital – Our Ready-Set-Go Home Discharge Planning Guide prompts questions for specific instructions from doctors and hospital staff, helping to avoid hospital readmission. Our professional caregivers will discuss your non-medical transitional care instructions with hospital staff at your request.
- At home – A transitional care provider from our Beaver Dam office can make it easier for your loved one to recuperate and rest. We provide assistance in the form of fluid intake and medication monitoring, preparing nutritious meals or special diets, and ensuring that doctors’ instructions are being followed.
- At our Beaver Dam office – Our office staff can arrange delivery of medications, special equipment, groceries or prepared food, transportation to doctor appointments, even pet care.
Get more information on our transitional care program and how it can help your loved one by calling Visiting Angels Beaver Dam today to schedule a care consultation.
Serving Dodge & Columbia Counties
Visiting Angels BEAVER DAM, WI140 Corporate Dr #2
Beaver Dam, WI 53916
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.