How to Get Started with Elder Care in Birmingham
When it's clear your loved one needs extra help to stay at home, the situation can feel overwhelming. But at Visiting Angels® Birmingham, we're here to help make the process easier for you. As Birmingham's choice for at-home elder care, we provide seniors across the area with access to customized home care plans and compassionate caregivers. As a result, your loved one can live safely and more independently at home – and enjoy a better quality of life in the process.
This personalized approach to elder care is why so many families from throughout the Birmingham area, Trussville, Pell City, Gardendale, and Alabaster choose us for elder care. For your loved one, it means they'll get individualized care at home designed around their circumstances, preferences, lifestyle, and routine.
Getting to Know Your Loved One Through Our Free Elder Care Consultation
At Visiting Angels Birmingham, we know that no two clients are the same. Each one comes with their own unique care needs, habits, and personality. That's why, before we begin the process of delivering elder care, Visiting Angels Birmingham will conduct an in-depth, no-obligation assessment where we discuss the situation and how we can best serve your loved one. This also provides you and your family an opportunity to ask questions and learn more about how our agency can help.
Some of the topics we will discuss during the elder care consultations at Visiting Angels Birmingham include:
- The kind of help needed with personal care tasks, like bathing and dressing
- The level of support required for homemaking chores, such as cooking, laundry, and light cleaning
- Daily routine considerations, including with medications, sleeping, and eating
- Any health concerns or chronic conditions your loved one has, such as a diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer's
- Their level of mobility and whether there are issues with walking
- Your loved one's lifestyle, preferences, hobbies, and favorite activities
- How often care is needed, which days of the week and times, and for how long
- How to access the home, how we document care, and how to reschedule
Visiting Angels Birmingham: For Carefully Matched Elder Care Professionals
Once we understand your loved one's circumstances, Visiting Ange lsBirmingham can then design an elder care plan tailored specifically to them. We will also carefully assign companions who have the skills and knowledge to best serve them. When pairing your loved one with our professionals, we always take into account factors such as needs, personality, scheduling, and preferences. With Select Your Caregiver®, if one of our caregivers fails to meet your expectations, we will promptly provide you with a new one.
Our elder care services are helping seniors across AL communities such as Birmingham, Alabaster, Pell City, Trussville, Gardendale, and throughout the local area to live at home, safely and happily. If you'd like to book your consultation to learn more, please call the Visiting Angels Birmingham office today at 205-719-1996.
Serving the Birmingham Metro Area
Visiting Angels BIRMINGHAM, AL52 Medical Park Dr E #210
Birmingham, AL 35235
400 Vestavia Pkwy #260
Birmingham AL 35216