Long Distance Elder Care in Harrisburg
How Elder Care in Harrisburg Can Help Your Family Find Peace of Mind
Getting started with elder care can be especially tough for aging adults who live hundreds of miles away from their friends and family members. At Visiting Angels® Harrisburg, we understand the challenges that long distance families face as they try to arrange at-home senior care services for their loved ones. We’re here to make this process as easy as possible so you can ensure your loved one has access to the physical, mental, and emotional support they need to comfortably age in place.
We’re prepared to deliver compassionate at-home support for seniors living throughout the Harrisburg community, as well as those in Lebanon, Lower Paxton, Mechanicsburg, New Cumberland, Swatara, West Hanover, and nearby towns. Whether you currently reside in a distant town or another state, you’ll have the chance to take part in every step of coordinating care for your loved one when you choose us as their senior care provider.
About Our Long Distance Elder Care in Harrisburg
It’s quite common for adult children to choose to settle down in a different community than the one where their parents reside. A range of factors can determine this decision, including weather preferences, job offers, and educational opportunities. However, living far from family doesn’t mean you can’t maintain a close relationship with the people you love. It does, unfortunately, make it more difficult to care for them as they begin to encounter age-related challenges.
With the help of a professional caregiver, you can make sure your loved one has compassionate support with their unique age-related needs, whether they’re coping with Alzheimer’s disease, arthritis, or senior isolation. To learn more, simply give our office a call. We’ll take the following steps to help your long distance family get started with care:
- Answering your questions and addressing your concerns about the care process over the phone or by email
- Conducting phone consultations with other family members involved in your loved one’s care
- Setting up an in-person meeting with your loved one at his or her home
- Designing a customized care plan that can be adjusted to your loved one’s needs as they change
- Selecting a compassionate caregiver from our team to provide your loved one’s at-home care services
- Giving you frequent updates about your loved one’s well-being and notifying you immediately in the case of changes
- Performing check-in calls and visits with the caregiver and care recipient to ensure high standards of care
Contact Visiting Angels Harrisburg today to learn more about coordinating elder care for a loved one in the Harrisburg area.
Serving Harrisburg and Dauphin and Cumberland Counties, PA
Visiting Angels HARRISBURG, PA4607 Locust Ln #5
Harrisburg, PA 17109