Elderly Care in Hyattsville, MD Stay Connected Through Technology
Seniors need to stay connected with their loved ones for various reasons. But, with the world’s ever-changing technology, it can be hard to do just that. In Visiting Angels’ social care program, we teach seniors about modern technology to maneuver through the Internet and beyond. Some programs we help with are Facebook, Skype, and FaceTime.
Our Elderly Care Program Helps Seniors in Hyattsville, Cheverly, and Nearby Communities
With our holistic mindset, we’re looking to help our seniors through skilled elderly care. This includes staying social with friends, family, and the surrounding community. Multiple studies have shown that staying social affects seniors positively.
These studies include:
- A study by the University of Arizona found that 25% of their sample group of seniors improved their mental "updating" skills. This includes things such as memory and working skills.
- Recent studies by the Washington, D.C.-based Phoenix Center have shown that surfing the internet can increase depression in seniors by as much as 20%.
- The Journal of Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking found that seniors who used social networking platforms such as FaceTime or Facebook reacted positively, measured by pupil dilation, brain stimulation, and breathing rates.
Each of these studies supports the idea that seniors benefit greatly from technology. During our social care program, we will teach our seniors about social media, the internet, cell phones, and more.
Visiting Angels Social Care Helps Local Seniors
During the Visiting Angels social care program, your loved one will learn the following:
- How to interact with their friends and family through social media (maneuvering the website, creating an account, looking for friends, etc.)
- Accessing the Internet (online shopping, using search engines, etc.)
- Using a cell phone
- Using text and video messaging platforms (FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, email, text messaging, etc.)
Schedule a FREE In-Home Consultation
Would your loved one benefit from Visiting Angels’ social care program and elderly care? Call Visiting Angels Hyattsville at 240-667-2904 to schedule a free consultation.
Serving Hyattsville and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels HYATTSVILLE, MD7100 Chesapeake Rd #102
Hyattsville, MD 20784