Elderly Care: We Help Seniors in Hyattsville, MD and the Surrounding Area Stay Connected Through Technology
Seniors need to stay connected with their loved ones for a variety of reasons. But, with the world’s ever-changing technology, it can be hard to do just that. In Visiting Angels’ social care program, we teach seniors about modern technology so they can maneuver through the Internet and beyond. Some of the programs that we help on are Facebook, Skype, and FaceTime.
With our holistic mindset, we’re looking to help our seniors through skilled elderly care. This includes staying social with friends, family, and the surrounding community. Multiple studies have shown that staying social affects seniors positively.
These studies include:
- A study conducted by the University of Arizona found that 25% of their sample group of seniors improved their mental "updating" skills. This includes things such as memory and working skills.
- Recent studies by the Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center have shown that surfing the internet can increase depression in seniors by as much as 20%.
- The Journal of Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking found out that seniors who used social networking platforms such as FaceTime or Facebook reacted positively, measured by pupil dilation, brain stimulation, and breathing rates.
Each of these studies supports the idea that seniors benefit greatly from utilizing technology. During our social care program, we will teach our seniors about social media, the internet, cell phones, and more.
How Our Elderly Care Program Helps Seniors in Hyattsville, Cheverly, and Nearby Communities
During the Visiting Angels social care program, your loved one will learn:
- How to interact with their friends and family through social media (maneuvering the website, creating an account, looking for friends, etc.)
- Accessing the internet (online shopping, using search engines, etc.)
- Using a cell phone
- Using text and video messaging platforms (FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, email, text messaging, etc.)
Would your loved one benefit from Visiting Angels’ social care program and elderly care? Call Visiting Angels Hyattsville at 240-847-3126 to schedule a free consultation.
Serving Hyattsville and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels HYATTSVILLE, MD7100 Chesapeake Rd #102
Hyattsville, MD 20784