Home Care for Veterans
Did you know that as a veteran of U.S. Armed Services, you may qualify for special disability pension benefits that can be used to cover some of the costs of home care services? Give us a call 732-240-1050 to learn more and check eligibility!
About the U.S Armed Forces Pension & Survivors Pension Benefit Program
The program covers up to 60 hours/month for home care needed by a qualified military veteran with a spouse. It can also cover up to 50 years/month for a veteran that is single. Surviving veteran spouses can receive up to 30 hours/month of home care.
Since the program applies to anyone who served at least 90 days, you could be eligible to take advantage of this earned-benefit program. Disability benefits are available for both service-related and non-service-related disabilities.
Certain requirements do apply and you should check with the Department of Veterans Affairs in your state. More information is available online at www.va.gov and by searching for “Disability Pensions”.
Additional benefits available
- A veteran or veteran’s widow in receipt of service-related compensation may be able to receive an increase if they are certified as housebound and in need of personnel. Care.
- Once approved for housebound or aid and assistance, veterans may qualify for free medications, medical equipment, hearing aids, and incontinence supplies.
- There may be special benefits available for veterans who served “in country”, Vietnam or the Gulf War, and for POWs.
Serving Veterans in Ocean County and Southern Monmouth County, NJ.
At Visiting Angels Toms River, we are proud to serve those who served us. Our caregivers are well-trained in all areas of non-medical homecare including all aspects of dementia care. With a professional caregiver, you can remain living in your home comfortably and safely. Daily activities we can assist you with include:
- Getting dressed
- Personal grooming
- Mobility and fall prevention
- Transportation getting to appointments, running errands
- And more
If you are a veteran or spouse of a veteran and could benefit from home care assistance, give us a call at 732-240-1050!
Serving The Greater Toms River- Brick area and communities throughout Ocean County
Visiting Angels TOMS RIVER, NJ74 Brick Blvd #109A
Brick, NJ 08723