Ready-Set-Go Home: Transitional Care to Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home from Visiting Angels® Roswell can help your loved one make a successful transition home after a hospital visit. Under this program, seniors receive specialized non-medical care from qualified caregivers during recovery from injury, illness, or surgery. This type of care can play a crucial role when recovering from a hospital stay and help your loved one avoid the significant risk of re-hospitalization faced by many seniors.
Visiting Angels Roswell proudly serves the entire Roswell area. Our Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care program is available to seniors in Roswell, as well as those in nearby areas like Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Johns Creek, GA.
Why Choose Non-Medical Transitional Care in Roswell
When seniors are sent home from the hospital after an injury, illness, or operation, they are often at high risk of re-hospitalization. Among seniors on Medicare, almost 1 in 5 will end up back in the hospital within 30 days after being discharged and sent home. In hundreds of thousands of cases each year, re-hospitalization occurs because seniors did not follow their doctor-recommended recovery plan.
Transitional care services from Visiting Angels of Roswell, GA can provide your loved one with the support he or she needs to make a successful recovery. Our senior care services help seniors follow doctor’s orders and avoid common risks that can result in re-hospitalization.
Some of the ways our home care services help seniors include:
- Assistance with daily activities like dressing, grooming, personal hygiene, showering, and/or toileting when these tasks may be difficult or dangerous for seniors to perform on their own.
- Reminding seniors about important appointments and accompanying them on their visits to the doctor or other specialists.
- Providing medication reminders.
- Offering compassionate care, conversation, and companionship for seniors who find recovery to be a difficult or emotionally challenging period.
- Helping seniors follow lifestyle recommendations, such as practicing specific exercises and following a doctor-recommended diet.
Roswell’s Transitional Care Providers
Visiting Angels Roswell relies on a three-point approach when providing Ready-Set-Go Home care to local seniors, an approach that has made us Roswell’s choice in transitional care.
- At the hospital — Care is provided on request to seniors during their time in hospital. We work with families and medical professionals during discharge to put a plan in place that will meet the senior’s recovery needs.
- At the client’s home — We provided a wide range of non-medical care support services during the client’s recovery. Care is provided on a part-time, full-time, or 24-hour schedule and can be extended for as long as it is needed.
- At our Roswell office — Staff from our office are always on hand to handle care concerns and answer any questions. We offer guidance to families throughout the recovery process and operate an after-hours line for urgent situations.
Call Visiting Angels Roswell today and learn more about our approach to transitional care.
Serving Roswell, Sandy Springs, Johns Creek, Dunwoody, GA and the Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels Roswell, Georgia11111 Houze Rd #310
Roswell, GA 30076
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.