Alzheimer's Care At Home in Annandale: What You Need to Know and How We Can Help
Alzheimer's disease is the most widespread type of dementia across America, affecting more than 5 million people according to the Alzheimer's association. If someone you care about is starting to lose their memory or show other signs of mental decline, it's important to act sooner rather than later to find the right Alzheimer's care at home in Annandale.
How Alzheimer's Care At Home in Annandale Can Help Your Loved One
People with Alzheimer's disease are known to experience memory loss, confusion, and other disorienting cognitive issues. Staying in a safe and familiar setting is vital for seniors with this condition, and may even help slow the progress of the disease.
The first thing you need to know to support a loved one with Alzheimer's disease is how to spot key warning signs. These can include:
- Misplacing things more often
- Having mood swings or a significant change in personality
- Pulling away from social events and activities
- Struggling more with distances, interpreting visuals including letters, and generally spatial awareness
- Finding it hard to express themselves in speech or writing, or to follow along in conversations
- Showing poor judgment and overall difficulty with planning and problem solving
- Forgetting things, especially names, dates, or recent events
- Losing track of details related to time and place, like what year it is or where they're going
If you have noticed any of these warning signs, don't wait to contact your loved one's doctor and reach out to Alzheimer's care providers for guidance.
Book a Free Evaluation on Alzheimer's Care at Home in Annandale
With the right home care and support, your loved one can keep living comfortably at home and avoid potential health risks like poor nutrition, social isolation, or failing to take important medications. At Visiting Angels® Springfield, VA, our Alzheimer's care at home in Annandale includes services that counter these risks.
We create a custom care plan and schedule for all our clients that is based on their current and future care needs. The Alzheimer's care services we can provide for your loved one in Annandale, Burke, or Springfield include:
- Medication reminders and help managing medical appointments
- Companionship and stimulating conversation
- Basic daily tasks such as grooming, meal preparation, or light housekeeping
To learn more about our Alzheimer's care at home in Annandale, contact Visiting Angels Springfield VA to schedule a free in-home evaluation.