Questions to Ask when Interviewing a Senior Care Agency in Springfield VA
If you haven't looked into senior care before now, the first step is to recognize what you don't know, and what questions you should ask to fill in the blanks. At Visiting Angels® Springfield VA, we've worked with families who are just starting their search for an agency, and families that have already looked into other senior care providers in the area. Wherever you are in this process, we're here to help you get the information you need to make this important choice on behalf of your loved one.
Important Questions About Senior Care in Springfield VA
Many of the questions you should ask a potential senior care provider in Springfield VA fall into these basic categories: How they select and oversee their caregivers, the types of care they can offer, and how much of a say families have in that care.
When it comes to selecting and overseeing caregivers, keep the following questions in mind:
- What is your hiring process like? What qualities do you look for in a caregiver?
- How do you assess the skills of a caregiver? Do you require background checks? What other screening processes are in place?
- How do you stay up to date with how your caregivers are performing? How often do you check in on them?
- How do you determine which caregiver would be the best fit for a client?
- What happens when the caregiver you select can't come to work?
In terms of the senior care an agency provides in Springfield VA, have the following questions ready:
- What types of care does your agency provide?
- When and how often will care be available?
- How do you determine the types of care that a client needs? Who is involved in this decision?
- What happens if a client's needs change over time?
Finally, it's important to learn more about the role your family will play in your loved one's ongoing care, starting with these questions:
- Will family members be consulted about the care their loved one needs?
- Will care recipients and their families play a role in selecting or approving a caregiver?
- How can families communicate with the agency if there is an issue with a caregiver? What actions will the agency take?
Learn More About Our Services in the Springfield VA Area
Visiting Angels Springfield VA provides senior care, including home and companion care, for families throughout the Springfield area, including Annandale and Burke.
Call Visiting Angels Springfield VA to learn more about our senior care services and how we can help your loved one.