Transitional Care in Sterling Heights To Avoid Hospital Readmissions
When your loved one is in the hospital recovering from an illness or injury, the only place they really want to be is home. But once they get there, the risk of a hospital readmission is high. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services puts that number at one in five seniors. However, you and your family can help prevent this – and ensure your loved one's successful recovery – with help from Visiting Angels® Sterling Heights. We offer a transitional care program for seniors in and around Sterling Heights, MI to provide an optimal level of non-medical home care.
Why Do Hospital Readmissions Occur?
As a local provider of transitional care, Visiting Angels Sterling Heights knows that when it comes to hospital readmissions among the senior population, there are a variety of reasons that they occur at such a high rate. Some of them include:
- Exhaustion due to disrupted sleeping while in the hospital
- Erratic eating schedule during their hospital stay
- An inability to manage their health condition at home, on their own
- Not taking medications in the right doses or at the right times
- Forgetting about appointments and not following up with their care providers
- Not following hospital discharge orders
How Transitional Care from Visiting Angels Sterling Heights Helps
At Visiting Angels Sterling Heights, we understand that when your aging loved one is discharged from the hospital, they're in a vulnerable state. That's why we have a care program designed specifically to address their needs. It includes care and support:
- In the hospital. Part of a successful recovery includes following orders from the hospital. We help facilitate this by visiting your family member in the hospital and delivering a copy of our "Ready-Set-Go Home" guide. It provides a variety of questions you and your loved one should be asking to ensure the best recovery at home. Topics covered include medications, nutrition, and follow up appointments. We can also work with the hospital discharge coordinator to help execute the discharge plan at home.
- At home. When your loved one is eventually released from the hospital, the transitional care professionals at Visiting Angels Sterling Heights can be there for them in a variety of ways. Of course, our Angels are available to help with practical needs, such as cooking, mobility, and bathing and grooming. Beyond that, they can monitor your loved one and report back to a supervisor if medications aren't taken on time, appointments are missed, or there's resistance to following discharge orders.
- In our office. In addition to providing transitional care in the home, Visiting Angels Sterling Heights can also offer your loved one access to a variety of resources and helpful tools. This includes medication and appointment reminders, as well as food, equipment, and medication deliveries.
At Visiting Angels Sterling Heights, we offer transitional care services to seniors throughout Sterling Heights, MI, including the surrounding areas of Clinton Township, Warren, Shelby Township, and Utica. If you're ready to learn more, we encourage you to call our Sterling Heights office today for a free consultation.
Serving the Communities of Macomb County, MI
Visiting Angels Sterling Heights, MI42140 Van Dyke Suite 200
Sterling Heights, MI 48314
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.