Dementia Care in Jenks
Tips for Caring for Your Loved One
Are you providing dementia care for a loved one in Jenks? Are you concerned about their ability to live at home as their symptoms progress? Here are three tips to improve your loved one’s quality of life and your caregiving experience.
- Prioritize physical activity. Studies have shown that a sedentary lifestyle increases the probability of dementia symptoms, while exercise can slow brain aging and improve mood. Not sure where to start? Popular activities among seniors include gardening, golfing, walking, water aerobics, and pickleball. Remember to check with your doctor before starting a new exercise routine.
- Promote self-care. Encourage your loved one to participate in daily activities. From preparing meals and folding laundry to grocery shopping and paying bills, keeping them active and involved can boost self-esteem and help them maintain cognitive function.
- Avoid caregiver burnout. As your loved one’s symptoms progress, they’ll require more care, more patience, and more time. Without time to rest and recharge, the primary caregiver can become overwhelmed, short-tempered, and stressed out. Caring for yourself will ensure you can provide your loved one with the best care possible.
How Dementia Care in Jenks Helps Seniors Age in Place Safely
Whether your loved one is in the late stages of dementia or newly diagnosed, dementia care from Visiting Angels® Tulsa can help them live at home safely.
While we're not technically a home health agency, we provide many of the same essential services, including:
- Assistance with self-care and mobility
- Light housekeeping and organizing
- Grocery shopping and running errands
- Wandering prevention and daily monitoring
- Medication and fluid reminders
- Preparing home-cooked meals and snacks
- Transportation to doctor’s appointments
- Help using new technologies to keep in touch with family and friends
- Comforting companionship
- Encouragement to stay active and social
About Visiting Angels Tulsa
Visiting Angels Tulsa is a local home care agency run by Page Cole, a pastor and one of the founding members of the Oklahoma Professionals for HomeCare, an organization created to improve the quality of home care for seniors.
We offer free in-home consultations, customized care plans, and continuous monitoring to ensure every client receives the top-quality care they deserve. Our caregivers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and proudly serve seniors in Jenks, Tulsa, Owasso, Broken Arrow, Bixby, Tulsa County, and the surrounding areas.
Learn more about dementia care in Jenks by calling Visiting Angels Tulsa today and requesting your free in-home consultation.
Serving Tulsa, Owasso, Broken Arrow, Jenks and Bixby
Visiting Angels TULSA, OK1532 S Peoria Ave
Tulsa, OK 74120