Transitional Care in Tulsa Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
With Ready-Set-Go Home care from Visiting Angels® Tulsa, seniors in the Tulsa area can receive compassionate in-home transitional care when recovering after a hospital stay. The Ready-Set-Go Home program can make it easier for seniors to recover from a recent hospitalization for injury, illness, or surgery. Our caregivers help seniors avoid the significant risk of re-hospitalization that many elderly adults face in their first weeks back home. We also help family members navigate their loved one’s recovery, providing respite and much-needed guidance.
Our transitional care services are available to seniors throughout the Tulsa area including Broken Arrow, Owasso, Jenks, and Bixby.
Benefits to Post-Hospital Transitional Care
After a hospitalization, many seniors are at high risk of readmission to the hospital. For seniors on Medicare, nearly 1 in 5 discharges results in a hospital readmission within 30 days. Depending on the reason for your loved one’s hospitalization, the risk of a readmission could be even higher.
That’s where transitional care from Visiting Angels Tulsa comes in. Our caregivers offer in-home assistance and support to seniors after a hospital discharge, helping seniors follow the discharge plan outlined by their physician. Transitional care providers not only offer non-medical support to help seniors follow their care plan, but also monitor seniors for risks of complication.
Some of the ways that transitional care services from Visiting Angels Tulsa can help include:
- Assistance with mobility and transfer, helping seniors avoid strain or injury when moving around the house.
- Help with personal activities and daily tasks that may be difficult, risky, or impossible for seniors to perform on their own during recovery, like dressing, grooming, and bathing.
- Reminders for medication times and important appointments.
- Companionship and conversation to help manage the emotional stress of recovery.
- Assistance with light housekeeping, meal-planning, and meal-making, with close attention paid to doctor’s recommendations regarding diet.
- Non-medical assistance and support with recovery-related pain management.
Tulsa’s Transitional Care Specialists
In providing transitional care to Tulsa seniors, we rely on a three-prong approach.
- At the hospital — When clients are hospitalized, we provide on-request care and support to seniors and their families. Once the discharge process is started, we offer guidance to family members and take an active role to ensure our care follows all medical directives.
- At the client’s home — At hospital discharge, we will help ensure the transition home goes according to plan. Once your loved one is comfortably home, we will begin care according to a pre-agreed schedule.
- At our office — Our office staff works diligently to make planning your loved one’s care as stress-free as possible. If you require a change to your loved one’s care plan, we will work with you to accommodate this change. In case of emergencies, we keep an after-hours line open which we respond to within 15 minutes.
Call Visiting Angels Tulsa today to learn more about transitional care services.
Serving Tulsa, Owasso, Broken Arrow, Jenks and Bixby
Visiting Angels TULSA, OK1532 S Peoria Ave
Tulsa, OK 74120
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.