How Transitional Care in Westchester County, NY Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go Home care from Visiting Angels® White Plains NY is more commonly known as transitional care. This type of care provides valuable aid to seniors and disabled adults who are being discharged after an inpatient hospital stay. Our compassionate caregivers assist with preparations and daily tasks to help your loved one continue on the path to recovery.
Visiting Angels White Plains takes a three-prong approach to transitional care. We can visit with your loved one in the hospital and supply helpful information for discharge planning. Back at our office, we can help coordinate
Common Causes of Hospital Readmissions
While there are many reasons why seniors are at a greater risk for hospital readmission, it generally comes down to an inability to adequately follow discharge instructions. Elderly and disabled adults who don't have proper support can easily find themselves back at the hospital. Transitional care from Visiting Angels White Plains can offer the support your loved one needs in order to avoid expensive readmissions.
Common causes of hospital readmission may include:
- Taking medications incorrectly or missing doses
- Trouble following the doctor's discharge instructions
- Missing follow-up appointments or physical therapy
- Difficulty managing a new diagnosis on your own
- Not adhering to the doctor's prescribed meal plan
- Falls due to medication effects or limited mobility
How Visiting Angels White Plains Can Help
Transitional care from Visiting Angels White Plains can provide your loved one with assistance for non-medical tasks. There are countless ways our caregivers can help on a daily basis.
Some of the ways we can help your loved one include:
- Grocery shop and prepare the home for your loved one's return
- Provide joyful companionship, conversation, and shared activities
- Arrange transportation to follow-up appointments or therapies
- Dignified assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming, and dressing
- Plan and prepare meals to follow a doctor prescribed meal plan
- Assistance with light housekeeping such as laundry or vacuuming
- Offering medication reminders and monitoring prescriptions
- Assistance with walking, transferring, and fall prevention measures
If you have an elderly parent or family member who is facing an inpatient hospital stay, call Visiting Angels White Plains and ask how our transitional care can help. Book a free consultation today.
Serving Westchester County
Visiting Angels WHITE PLAINS, NY4 W Red Oak Ln #112
White Plains, NY 10604