Transitional Care in Bensalem Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Our Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care program provides Bensalem seniors with in-home care and support after a hospital discharge. This program provides seniors with non-medical support and assistance during their recovery from injury, illness, or surgery. By supporting our clients during recovery, our transitional care providers help seniors avoid complications that could put them back in the hospital.
Post-hospital transitional care services are available to seniors throughout Bensalem, PA, and Lower Bucks County. Our services are available to seniors and families in Langhorn, Bristol, and NE Philadelphia.
How Seniors Benefit from Transitional Care
Coming home from the hospital is always a good feeling, but it’s rarely the final step in a person’s recovery. For seniors in particular, the first month after returning home from the hospital can be a high-risk period. Among Medicare patients, 1 in 5 seniors will end up back in the hospital within 30 days of a hospital discharge.
Transitional care services like those offered by Visiting Angels® Bensalem can help manage this risk. Some of the ways our transitional care services help seniors include:
- Providing assistance with mobility, transfer, dressing, grooming, and other personal activities to reduce the risk of strain, overexertion, or injury.
- Reminding seniors about important appointments or times of day when they should remember to take their medications.
- Monitoring seniors for recovery concerns and to ensure quick action is taken if complications occur.
- Helping seniors follow a healthy diet and lifestyle through their recovery.
- Providing companionship, compassion, and conversation during what can be an emotionally difficult time.
Bensalem’s Transitional Care Experts
Transitional care services from Visiting Angels Bensalem follow a three-pronged approach, helping Bensalem seniors receive the exact care they need during recovery.
- At the hospital — During your loved one’s hospital stay, we are often able to provide support for your loved one and/or your family during the hospitalization. As doctors begin planning for discharge, we can help you navigate the discharge planning process. We will play an active role in this process to ensure your loved one’s transitional care plan follows all medical directives.
- At the client’s home — Once your loved one has returned home, our caregivers will provide him or her with non-medical support and monitoring. Care will be administered according to an agreed upon schedule and can continue for as long as needed.
- At our office — The Visiting Angels Bensalem office staff will work diligently with you to ensure your loved one’s transitional care program addresses any specific concerns you may have. Our staff also track clients at high risk of hospital readmission, ensuring they receive the care and monitoring needed to manage that risk.
To learn more about Ready-Set-Go Home transitional care, contact Visiting Angels Bensalem today.
Serving Bensalem and Lower Bucks County, PA
Visiting Angels BENSALEM, PENNSYLVANIA2257 Bristol Pk
Bensalem, PA 19020
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated.The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.