Our Mission StatementTo enhance the quality of life of those we care for with compassion, integrity, and exceptional service.
Care Professional OverviewPURPOSE: To provide services for the client as necessary to maintain their personal comfort and safety.
- Understand and follow all information and precautions contained in client’s Plan of Care.
- Assist with personal care activities such as bathing, dressing, grooming, nail care (no cutting), feeding, oral hygiene, shaving, and bedtime care.
- Assist with toileting &/or in the use of urinal/bedpan. Keep incontinent clients clean and dry.
- Assist with their self-administration of medications.
- Assist with exercise, ambulation and transfer activities utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Respond and attend to client’s requests promptly.
- Ensure maintenance of a clean, safe, comfortable, and healthy environment for the client.
- Prepare appropriate documentation of the client care and service provided.
- Report all client and employee incidents/accidents to supervisor immediately.
- Observe safety precautions, including wiping up wet floors, spills, and other falling hazards immediately.
- Report all safety hazards (frayed electrical cords, unsecured handrails, malfunctioning smoke/carbon monoxide detectors/alarms, defective equipment) and environmental hazards to supervisor immediately.
- Engage in respectful social interaction with clients and other members of the team, including friendly conversation and empathic support, as well as, respecting their privacy and property.
- Maintain proper hand washing techniques.
- Participate in required in-service training programs to meet regulatory requirements.
- Understand that regular, consistent attendance is necessary to serve clients.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly, fluently, and diplomatically orally and in writing.
- Ability to remain flexible, resilient, calm and maintain a sense of humor and present a well-groomed professional image.
- Possess and maintain good physical and mental health, including current TB testing.
- Sitting, standing, bending, reaching, stretching, stooping, walking, climbing stairs and moving intermittently during working hours.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.