Transitional Care in Layton Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready, Set, Go Home with Transitional Care
At Visiting Angels® Davis-Weber, we offer transitional care to help Layton area seniors avoid hospital readmission. Due to a number of factors, seniors are at far greater risk of a return trip to the hospital. With our dedicated support, we can help create a safer, easier, and more successful transition back to home.
Why Readmissions Occur
Here are a few factors that cause seniors to suffer from greater rates of hospital readmission:
- Difficult adjustments. Seniors are more likely to face serious health risks, and with that comes some very difficult adjustments. This can be overwhelming for many seniors, so it's important to have a reliable person on hand to assist as needed.
- Disrupted routine. Hospital stays can cause your loved one to lose sleep and fall out of their typical routine. This can add an extra layer of difficulty when attempting to get back on track.
- Memory issues. As part of this challenging transition, seniors often have to deal with new medical protocols. For those with memory issues, it can be very difficult to keep up with these changes and follow the advice of their doctors.
- Failure to follow up. When the margin of error is so low, missed medical appointments can be a huge setback.
- Making sense of the care plan and diagnosis. It is often difficult for seniors to sift through all of the new information and make sense of their new reality, so it can be very helpful to have someone around to assist in this process.
How Our Transitional Care in Layton Helps Seniors Remain at Home
At Visiting Angels Davis-Weber, we offer our home care services throughout Layton, Bountiful, Riverdale, North Salt Lake, Centerville, Kaysville, Roy, North Ogden, Pleasant View, South Ogden, West Haven, Ogden, and the surrounding areas. Our amazing caregivers can help your loved one cope with all of the new information and make the appropriate adjustments.
Our goal is to help your loved one transition back home and avoid hospital readmission. In order to make this happen, the first step is to meet with your family for a free initial senior care consultation. This will allow us to learn more about your situation and create the right plan to ease their transition and keep them where they belong. To learn more about our transitional care throughout Layton and the surrounding areas, call Visiting Angels Davis-Weber today.
Serving Davis, Weber, and Morgan Counties
Visiting Angels LAYTON, UT1649 Antelope Dr #370
Layton, UT 84041
184 E 500S
Bountiful UT 84010