Visiting Angels Help for Alzheimers Patients in Jersey City, NJ and the Surrounding Area
According to the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America, as many as 5.1 million Americans may have Alzheimer’s disease, a fatal brain disease that causes a slow decline in memory, thinking and reasoning skills. A diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease can be frightening and devastating to an individual and their loved ones, but there are some steps you can take to make it through.
Caregivers from Visiting Angels of Jersey City provide help for Alzheimer’s patients. While there is no cure for Alzheimer’s, there are treatments and therapies that can slow the worsening of dementia symptoms and improve the quality of life for those with the disease and their caregivers. If you suspect your loved one is showing symptoms of Alzheimer’s, it is extremely important to be proactive by getting them to their physician, and if a diagnosis is made, to get a care plan in place as soon as possible.
Visiting Angels of Jersey City can Provide the Most Important Resource: Help for Alzheimer’s Patients
If a physician diagnoses Alzheimer’s, the more proactive you are in making decisions regarding caring for someone with Alzheimer's, the more you can manage the disease.
Visiting Angels of Jersey City is here to provide help for Alzheimer’s patients in Jersey City and Bayonne. While you get your loved one set up with proper care, here are a few basic steps to help you in the meantime:
- Educate yourself about the disease. The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America and the Alzheimer’s Association are two great resources.
- Take care of financial, legal and long-term care planning issues. Discuss future care and end-of-life issues.
- Employ cognitive stimulation. Listening to music, word puzzles and memory games can help and can provide a positive experience for the patient and caregivers.
- Arrange respite and/or regular professional care. It helps to introduce a professional caregiver while a person is still in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, because once the disease progresses it can be more difficult and upsetting to change routines. When looking to hire home care help, try to find a person who has Dementia Care Professionals of America training or experience with dementia care clients. Visiting Angels of Jersey City, for example, is one local home care franchised agency that provides this training to its staff and exceptional help for Alzheimer’s patients.
- Build a support system. Being a caregiver for someone with Alzheimer’s can be stressful and overwhelming. Find people to talk to, reach out for help, and always make time to maintain your own physical and mental health. Many local hospitals and departments of aging offer free support groups, along with sites like the National Family Caregivers Association and Caring.com.
If you or your loved one has been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or a related dementia, know that you are not alone. Visiting Angels of Jersey City will deliver help for Alzheimer’s patients in the Jersey City community. For more information or to explore senior care options, call Visiting Angels at 201-423-6255 or request Alzheimer's care here to learn more.
Serving Jersey City, Bayonne and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels JERSEY CITY, NJ366 Broadway
Bayonne, NJ 07002