How Home Care Nursing in Ravenna and Surrounding Areas Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Ready-Set-Go-Home care, which is often referred to as transitional care, from Visiting Angels of Portage assists seniors throughout Ravenna, Aurora, Macedonia, Streetsboro, and the surrounding communities. This type of home care nursing helps elderly and disabled adults transition from an inpatient hospital stay. Families sometimes assume once a loved one is released from the hospital, their recovery is complete. However, many seniors find themselves making repeat trips to the hospital during the first 30 days after discharge. Our care can help.
Transitional care from Visiting Angels Portage uses a three-prong approach to help Ravenna area seniors avoid hospital readmission. We start by visiting seniors in the hospital to provide information on discharge planning. We also help prepare the home for your loved one's return by grocery shopping and coordinating delivery of medical equipment and supplies. Once home, our caregivers can help your loved one with various tasks and provide monitoring.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
Hospital readmissions are often due to a senior's inability to closely follow discharge instructions. Seniors or disabled adults who don't have extra support from family may struggle with continued recovery at home. Home care nursing from Visiting Angels of Portage can help keep Ravenna area seniors on the right track.
Some additional reasons why readmission often occurs include:
- Difficulty following the doctor's discharge instructions
- Missing follow-up appointments or physical therapy
- Trouble learning to manage a new diagnosis
- Failure to follow a physician prescribed meal plan
- Falling because of medication or limited mobility
- Forgetting to take medications, or taking incorrect dosage
How Visiting Angels of Portage Can Help
Transitional care services from Visiting Angels of Portage can help seniors in the Ravenna area in a variety of ways. Our home care nursing can make a positive impact on your loved one's recovery.
Some of the ways transitional care from Visiting Angels of Portage can help seniors include:
- Preparing the home for your loved one's return
- Offering medication reminders and monitoring
- Providing transportation to follow-up appointments
- Meaningful companionship and social care
- Assistance with walking, transferring, & fall prevention
- Dignified aid with dressing, bathing, and grooming
- Help follow the doctor's prescribed meal plan
- Aid with light housekeeping tasks such as laundry
If you have a loved one who is facing an inpatient hospital stay, call Visiting Angels of Portage and ask how our home care nursing can help. Schedule a free consultation to get started.
Serving Ravenna and the Surrounding area
Visiting Angels PORTAGE, OH240 W Riddle Ave
Ravenna, OH 44266