Home Care in San Marco
Your loved one deserves to live comfortably and safely at home for as long as they choose. Our home care in San Marco can help.
Visiting Angels® Jacksonville is a locally owned home care provider making independent living possible for seniors across the greater San Marco area. We're also proud to support family caregivers in all the work they do.
For years, families in San Marco, Jacksonville, Southside, San Jose, Julington Creek, Mandarin, St. Johns, and Green Cove Springs have counted on the dedicated caregivers from Visiting Angels Jacksonville. We've earned that trust by providing compassionate, personalized home care services to help our clients thrive in place.
With our wide range of services and 24-hour scheduling options every day of the year, we can make sure your loved one receives the care they need — and that your family does as well. Our caregivers are warm and generous individuals who often become like family to our clients. They've also gone through our rigorous hiring process, which includes a criminal background check, so you can feel comfortable welcoming them into your home.
About Our Home Care Services in San Marco
Consider your loved one's day-to-day care needs. Do they need physical assistance with getting dressed or buying groceries? Do you check in regularly on their cognitive and emotional health? At Visiting Angels Jacksonville, we understand the complex, overlapping needs that seniors can develop over time.
Our comprehensive home care services include the following:
- Bathing and dressing support
- Help using the restroom
- Meal planning and preparation
- Medication reminders
- Walking and transferring assistance
- Grocery shopping
- Running general errands
- Transportation to appointments
- Companionship at home and on outings
- Some basic household chores
- Respite care for family caregivers
Crafting a Custom Home Care Plan for Your Family in San Marco
Your loved one's needs are unique and are likely to evolve over time. That means their home care plan should evolve as well. At Visiting Angels Jacksonville, we'll guide you through the following process to create a personalized care plan for your family:
- First call - Contact Visiting Angels Jacksonville at (904) 394-3203 to share some basic details about your situation with a care professional. We will outline our services, explain our scheduling and rates, and set up a no-cost consultation for you.
- Consultation - Next, we'll conduct a full assessment of your loved one's care needs and circumstances at their home. At this point, we can go into more detail about their routine, their abilities and limitations, and their preferences. We can also answer your questions and establish what kind of support your family needs.
- Plan creation - As part of the consultation, we'll consult with your family and draft a comprehensive care plan to enhance your loved one's quality of life and provide the most relief for everyone.
- Caregiver recommendation - After meeting with you, we'll decide which of our care professionals would be the ideal fit. We can arrange for you to meet prior to care so that your family can approve of our choice.
Our Personal Care Service in San Marco
Personal care is an essential part of our home care services in San Marco. Depending on your loved one's needs, our caregivers can help with the following:
- Walking and transferring safely
- Planning meals, buying groceries, and cooking
- Going to the bathroom, bathing, and getting dressed
- Running errands
- Doing light housework
- Arranging transportation
- Providing medication reminders
Our Companion Care and Social Care Services
To enrich your loved one's life from day to day, we also provide Companion Care. Our friendly care professionals can help your loved one engage with their interests and the world at large via enlightening conversations and planned outings.
Wish your loved one was more comfortable with video chat and other tools? Through our social care offering, we can help them embrace technology as a way to stay connected with friends and family.
Our Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Services
Millions of seniors across the country have some form of dementia, with Alzheimer's disease as the most common form.
Our care professionals have an in-depth understanding of these conditions, their symptoms, and the risk they pose for seniors living at home. Our Alzheimer's and dementia care options include specialized support ranging from medication reminders and transportation to meal preparation, basic monitoring, and mentally stimulating activities.
Respite Care for Family Caregivers
The demands of caregiving can seem never ending, but you still have to take time for yourself. Respite care offers temporary coverage for family caregivers, whether it's an afternoon, a week, or a recurring part of your loved one's care plan.
End of Life Care
Our home care in San Marco includes compassionate End of Life Care to make your loved one's final few months as comfortable as possible. Our caregivers can provide the care your loved one needs during this difficult time. We'll also assist your family, so you have the space you need to make the most of this time.
Our Palliative Care
If your loved one has been diagnosed with a serious condition like cancer, the treatment can often be as depleting as the disease. With our palliative care, we tend to your loved one's physical, spiritual, emotional and social needs.
For seniors, falls are consistently the most common cause of serious injury, including hip fractures and other broken bones. Many older adults don't heal fully from these injuries, which makes fall prevention especially important.
Our Safe & Steady Fall Prevention Program includes a personalized fall risk assessment, fall-proofing recommendations for your loved one's home, and walking and transferring assistance.
Ready, Set, Go Home: Hospital Discharge Support
Many seniors end up returning to the hospital within a month of discharge due to related complications. We aim to prevent this with our Ready-Set-Go Home Program.
Before your loved one leaves the hospital, we can consult with their medical team about discharge instructions, follow-up care, and any issues to look out for. We'll then assist your family with the transition home and provide continued care as your loved one recovers.
Get Started with Home Care in San Marco Today
It all starts with a simple phone call. To learn more about our home care in San Marco, set up a consultation, and talk to someone who knows what you're going through, call Visiting Angels Jacksonville at (904) 394-3203.
Serving Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Communities in Duval, St. Johns and Clay Counties
Visiting Angels JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA3733 University Blvd W #212
Jacksonville, FL 32217