Social Care Program from Visiting Angels South Phoenix
Visiting Angels South Phoenix understands that when providing in-home care to seniors, we should take a holistic approach. Our holistic approach includes care for the individual inside and out. This means in addition to helping seniors in South Phoenix, Ahwatukee Foothills, Maricopa, Laveen, Waddell, Buckeye, and nearby Arizona communities take care of their physical needs, we also fulfill their needs for social interaction and companionship.
Our Social Care program assists with keeping seniors from being socially isolated; we use modern technology to help our clients stay connected to their friends and family through platforms such as Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, etc. We have seen firsthand the benefit of using this platform with our senior clients daily.
Call Visiting Angels South Phoenix today for a FREE in-home consultation at 480-886-1165.
How Social Media Benefits Seniors in South Phoenix and Surrounding Areas
It can be frustrating or challenging for seniors to adapt to digital social media; most seniors have difficulty adjusting and learning how to use the tools. Encouraging our seniors to use these tools is essential because studies have shown many emotional and mental benefits to using digital devices at an older age.
Recent studies have shown that:
- Surfing the Internet can reduce depression in seniors by 20 percent.
- Seniors who use social networks such as Facebook or Twitter have a positive emotional experience based on their breathing rates, brain stimulation, and pupil dilation.
- Another study from the University of Arizona showed that those seniors that use these digital tools showed a 25 percent improvement in their “mental updating skills” (their working memory).
What Does the Social Care Program from Visiting Angels South Phoenix Include?
Even though using social media and similar technology can benefit seniors in so many ways, it may be difficult for seniors to learn how to use new technology due to age-related cognitive issues or trouble with fine motor skills due to chronic health issues. That's why we aim to help seniors in South Phoenix and nearby areas learn how to use these platforms through our Social Care program.
In addition to providing meaningful companionship, our caregivers will also provide patient and compassionate guidance so your loved one can have an easy time using social media and other tools to stay in touch with people they care about.
Our caregivers help seniors in South Phoenix and surrounding areas learn how to:
- Use a cell phone;
- Text, send an email, Skype, or use FaceTime;
- Log in, shop online, or research information on a search engine;
- Create a Facebook or another social media page, as well as how to interact with family and friends on their account.
Schedule an In-Home Consultation Today!
Contact our Phoenix, AZ office to request more information about our Social Care program or any of the other home care services we offer.
Serving South Phoenix, Ahwatukee Foothills, Maricopa, Laveen, Waddell and Buckeye
Visiting Angels SOUTH PHOENIX, AZ16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy #123
Phoenix, AZ 85048