In-home supportive services Seniors in South Phoenix, AZ and the Surrounding Area
Social Care: Helping Seniors Embrace Technology through in-home supportive services
Visiting Angels South Phoenix understands that when providing in-home supportive services to seniors, we should be taking a holistic approach. Our holistic approach includes care for the individual inside and out. We use our social care program to assist with in-home supportive services; we use modern technology to help our clients stay connected to their friends and family members through platforms such as Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, etc. We have seen firsthand the benefit of using this platform with our senior clients on a day-to-day basis.
Digital Tools Help Seniors Connect to Family and Friends
It can be frustrating or challenging for seniors to adapt to using digital social media; most seniors have difficulty adjusting and learning how to use the tools at their disposal. It is essential to encourage our seniors to use these tools because studies have shown many emotional and mental benefits to using digital devices at an older age. Studies have shown that:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in Seniors by 20%.*
- Seniors who use social networks such as Facebook or Twitter have a positive emotional experience based on their breathing rates, brain stimulation, and pupil dilation.**
- Another study from the University of Arizona showed that those seniors that use these digital tools showed a 25% improvement in their “mental updating skills” *their working memory).
Helping Seniors Stay Engaged Via Technology
Visiting Angels South Phoenix’s at home healthcare services offers the Social Care Program; this program helps seniors learn to:
- Use a cell phone
- Text, send an email, Skype, or use FaceTime.
- Log in, shop online, or research information on a search engine.
- Create a Facebook, or another form of social media, page, as well as how to interact with family and friends on their account
Reach out to your local Visiting Angels home care office to request more information about our social care program or any of our other in-home supportive services for seniors.
Serving South Phoenix, Ahwatukee Foothills, Maricopa, Laveen, Waddell and Buckeye
Visiting Angels SOUTH PHOENIX, AZ16815 S Desert Foothills Pkwy STE 123
Phoenix, AZ 85048