Assisting the Elderly in Claremont, NH and the Surrounding Area
Social Care: Assisting the Elderly with Technology
At Visiting Angels of the Upper Connecticut River Valley, we use a holistic approach to providing care to our clients, including caring for the individual from the inside and outside of the home. We can provide social care for our clients and assisting the elderly with technology. By using platforms like Facebook, Skype, FaceTime, and many others, our clients can stay connected to and engaged with their families.
If you want to help your senior loved one, call Visiting Angels Claremont at 603-504-6080!
Digital Tools Help Seniors Connect to Family and Friends
Many older adults may struggle to adopt a digital social life due to difficulty understanding new technology. Most seniors may not realize, though, that research has shown the following emotional and mental benefits digital tools can have on them:
- Surfing the internet can reduce depression in Seniors by 20%. *
- A University of Arizona study finds seniors who use Facebook showed a 25% improvement in mental “updating” skills - essentially improving their working memory.
- Another study shows seniors who visit social networking sites, like Facebook, have a positive emotional experience when measured by breathing rates, brain stimulation and pupil dilation. **
How the Social Care Program Benefits Claremont-Area Seniors
The Visiting Angels' Social Care Program is available to assist the elderly in:
- Use a cell phone
- Text, send e-mail, Skype, or use FaceTime
- Create a Facebook page/account and interact with family and friends
- Log in, shop online, or research information on a search engine
Our Social Care program helps seniors learn how to use technology, even if they're unfamiliar with cell phones or laptops. Our home care experts can teach them different programs and online platforms based on their interests. With modern technology, your loved one can stay connected with family and friends, meet new people, read books, watch movies, and more.
Contact our office in Claremont, NH, today! We would love to learn more about our Social Care program and other senior care services. Don't hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have. We are here to help!
* Washington, D.C. based Phoenix Center
** Journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior, and Social Networking
Serving Brattleboro to Hanover and the Surrounding Communities
Visiting Angels UPPER CONNECTICUT RIVER VALLEY, NH24 Opera House Square Ste 209
Claremont, NH 03743