Palliative Care at Home
Palliative care at home provides relief of symptoms and stress from serious long-term illnesses and health conditions – during any stage – inside the comforts of home. Palliative home care services foster a sense of peace and well-being, regardless of life expectancy, to enhance quality of life for individuals and their families.
While most people use the terms “hospice and palliative care” mutually, these two are different services. Hospice and palliative care have many similarities. At their core, both seek to relieve pain and discomfort. Hospice care, however, is typically reserved for those who are nearing the end of life.
Palliative care at home is for individuals who need:
- Assistance for aging or chronic care concern
- Physical, emotional, spiritual, and social care
- Non-medical care in their home
Visiting Angels® has a dedicated, compassionate palliative care team that accomplishes all this and more through a certified program. The program, rooted in a traditional model of palliative care, enriches the quality of life for all clients through specialized, non-medical care and assistance.
Certified Palliative Care Program
Certified Palliative Care focuses on seniors’ physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs. The program goes beyond what many people think of when they hear "palliative care," providing help and comfort regardless of life expectancy.
The Visiting Angels Palliative Care Certification Program is provided through our Life Care Navigation™ collection of senior care services. Life Care Navigation™ also includes end of life care, which can provide your loved one with comforting care and assistance during the end of life process.
The program trains caregivers in a philosophy that is supportive, soothing, comforting, and approaches care with a holistic mindset. We approach care with a mission of restoring hope and assisting with healing.
We focus on a wide range of care, including the physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs of those in our care by addressing:
- Physical care needs of seniors by recognizing and responding to signs common among the elderly, providing non-medical care to comfort our clients
- Emotional needs of our clients by adopting a compassionate approach, supporting seniors who may be suffering from depression, loneliness, stress, or anxiety
- Social needs of elderly adults by building relationships with our clients and their families, and by providing those in our care with companionship and conversation
- Spiritual needs of older adults by restoring hope to their lives, helping them find comfort and relief from age-related difficulties and treating each client with dignity and respect
Getting Started with Palliative Care Services
If you have a loved one who needs palliative care services, you will find the care you need through your local Visiting Angels. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have about our Certified Palliative Care program and coordinate a meeting with one of our care directors in the comfort of your loved one’s home. We offer customized care plans, the ability to Select Your Caregiver®, and a compassionate, client-centered approach.
Schedule a free care assessment and learn more about our approach to palliative care by calling your local Visiting Angels today.
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.