Benefits of Dementia Care at Home in Bryn Mawr
When you hear that your loved one has been diagnosed with dementia, you may worry that your only option is to move him or her into an assisted living facility or nursing home in Bryn Mawr. It’s important to know that there is an alternative: dementia care at home. At Visiting Angels® Havertown, our compassionate care providers offer in-home services for seniors living throughout the Bryn Mawr area, including Haverford, Havertown, Vilanova, and the surrounding communities. Keep reading to learn about some of the benefits of working with professional caregivers and how to get started with our senior care services.
Learn More about Dementia Care at Home in Bryn Mawr
Most older people prefer to remain in their own homes for as long as possible. In fact, doing so can even be beneficial for elderly adults, especially those who have been diagnosed with dementia. That’s because these individuals can often find it difficult to accept change, and a move to an unfamiliar living environment can be a traumatic experience for them.
With dementia care at home in Bryn Mawr, you don’t have to choose between caring for your loved one 24/7 and placing him or her in a special care facility. Instead, you can work with a personal caregiver who understands the unique needs of seniors with dementia. Visiting Angels Havertown offers a range of senior care services, including live-in care, overnight care, and frequent care visits, to ensure that elderly adults with dementia have the support that they need to manage day-to-day tasks.
The following are just a few ways dementia care at home in Bryn Mawr can help:
- Preventing the trauma associated with a big transition to a new living environment.
- Helping family members understand how to communicate with their loved one and ease sources of stress.
- Encouraging the senior to participate in stimulating activities.
- Providing compassionate companionship and emotional support.
- Assistance with daily tasks like light housekeeping, meal preparation, and personal care routines.
- Transportation to doctors’ appointments or social events.
- Important reminders and reinforcement of key messages about safety.
- Respite, relief, and peace of mind for family caregivers.
- Flexible services that can grow with the senior as their needs change.
Get started with dementia care at home today. Contact Visiting Angels Havertown to book a free care consultation for your loved one in Bryn Mawr, Haverford, Havertown, Villanova, Gladwyne, or a neighboring community.