Choosing Care Providers in Bryn Mawr: What Questions Should You Ask?
When you have an elderly or disabled family member who needs assistance at home, it may be time to look for a professional caregiver. But where do you start? It helps to create a list of your loved one's specific needs and the qualities you would like their caregiver to possess. Screening caregivers with a detailed list of questions will help to ensure you find a good match for your loved one. Visiting Angels® Havertown PA has knowledgeable home care providers working with families throughout Bryn Mawr, Haverford, Havertown, Villanova, Gladwyne, and the surrounding communities. As an experienced provider of care, we recommend asking the following:
- How long has this caregiver been looking after seniors at home?
- Does this caregiver have any special skills which may benefit my loved one?
- What kind of screening does your agency require for new caregivers?
- How do you address situations where a caregiver is not compatible?
- What specific services are you able to offer to my family member?
- What does your agency look for when hiring professionals?
- Do you provide ongoing monitoring to ensure quality care?
- Will our caregiver be available to help at any time on any day?
- What happens if our caregiver is ill or unable to assist my loved one?
- Will we have a chance to meet our caregiver before they start?
- Are your caregivers required to complete any specific training?
- Is continuing education required for your home care professionals?
Home Care Providers in Bryn Mawr You Can Rely On
With answers to your questions, you can feel good about the home care provider you choose. Visiting Angels Havertown has a team of reliable professionals ready to assist seniors throughout Bryn Mawr. Our senior care providers are dedicated professionals who are compassionate and kind.
How Visiting Angels Havertown Helps
Home care providers from Visiting Angels Havertown are able to assist Bryn Mawr area seniors in many ways, including:
- Going to the post office and other errands
- Preparing nutritious meals and snacks
- Offering reminders to take medications
- Help with personal hygiene and dressing
- Dignified bathing and grooming assistance
- Help getting to physician appointments
- Vacuuming and other light housekeeping
- Providing meaningful companionship
- Fall prevention and walking assistance
Call Visiting Angels Havertown today if you have a loved one in need of a senior care provider in the Bryn Mawr area. You can book a free consultation to get started.