How Transitional Care in Winchester Reduces Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
Visiting Angels® Northern Shenandoah Valley VA provides Ready-Set-Go Home care, also known as transitional care, to seniors and disabled adults throughout Winchester and the surrounding areas. Our assistance is a valuable resource for seniors who are being released after an inpatient hospital stay. If your parent or family member is preparing for a hospital stay or is currently inpatient, we can help them combat an increased risk of readmission during the first month after discharge.
Visiting Angels Northern Shenandoah Valley takes a three-prong approach to transitional care. Winchester area seniors who are still in the hospital can receive a visit from our care coordinator with helpful information for discharge planning. At our agency, we can help you arrange for deliveries of necessary supplies, medical equipment, and medications. Once your loved one is home, we can assist with non-medical tasks and provide monitoring.
Common Causes of Hospital Readmission
There are many reasons why seniors and the disabled have a higher risk of hospital readmission during the first 30 days after discharge. The main cause is due to trouble following some portion of the hospital's discharge instructions. Seniors who don't have a strong support system at home are at an even higher risk. Transitional care from Visiting Angels Northern Shenandoah Valley can offer the support Winchester area seniors need to avoid repeat hospital trips.
Some specific causes of hospital readmission may include:
- Fall risk due to limited mobility or the effects of medication
- Missing physical therapy or follow up appointments
- Trouble following your doctor's discharge instructions
- Difficulty managing a new diagnosis once you are home
- Not following your physician prescribed meal plan
- Missing medication doses or taking improperly
How Visiting Angels Northern Shenandoah Valley Can Help
Visiting Angels Northern Shenandoah Valley can help by providing transitional care services in Winchester such as:
- Preparing your loved one's home for their return
- Arranging for medical equipment, supplies, and medications
- Assistance with light housekeeping tasks and laundry
- Offering medication reminders and monitoring of medicines
- Providing transportation to follow-up appointments
- Planning and preparing meals to follow a prescribed meal plan
- Providing conversation and meaningful companionship
- Aid with transferring, walking, toileting, dressing, and bathing
- Help with fall prevention measures and other safety concerns
If you have a loved one in the Winchester area who is in need of transitional care, call Visiting Angels Northern Shenandoah Valley and schedule a free consultation.
Serving Winchester City and Communities in Frederick, Clarke, Warren & Fauquier Counties
Visiting Angels Northern Shenandoah Valley333 W Cork St #270
Winchester, VA 22601
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.