Ready-Set-Go Home: How Our Elderly Home Care Services Help Seniors in Raleigh, NC and Surrounding AreasAvoid Hospital Readmissions
Through the Ready-Set-Go Home program, we provide elderly home care services to seniors in Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest, and surrounding areas in NC after they've been discharged from the hospital
In the United States, it is estimated that within the first month after discharge, over 2.6 million seniors are readmitted to the hospital. This contributes to expenses totaling $26 million per year according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service. Nobody wants to see their loved one become a statistic and the Ready-Set-Go Home program from Visiting Angels of Raleigh can help. Our agency has assisted countless seniors in Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Apex, Holley Springs, Zebulon, and surrounding communities in Wake County.
Elderly home care through the Ready-Set-Go-Home program can help your loved one with tasks after discharge, making recovery at home more successful. Our assistance enables your loved one to focus on getting home and getting better. Transitional care professionals from Visiting Angels of Raleigh are dedicated to providing compassionate support to seniors and disabled adults so they can avoid hospital readmissions.
Why Hospital Readmissions Occur
We have experienced insight as to why hospital readmissions occur and how our elderly home care can help. Most hospital readmissions are caused by an inability to follow the physician's discharge instructions. There are many factors which may contribute to this problem. Some of the common reason’s seniors have a hard time with recovery include:
- Exhaustion and fatigue from interrupted sleep schedules in the hospital
- Difficulty following a physician prescribed meal plan
- Struggling to manage an illness or injury at home
- Lack of support for limited mobility and increased fall risk
- Failure to take prescribed medications as directed
- Difficulty getting to therapies or follow-up appointments
How the Ready-Set-Go Home Program from Visiting Angels of Raleigh Helps Seniors Recover at Home
We offer transitional care to help your loved one avoid hospital readmission after discharge. Our three-pronged approach has successfully supported countless local seniors in their recovery.
- While in the hospital, our care coordinators can visit your loved one and provide them with our free discharge planning guide. This guide can help you keep track of medications, follow-up visits, symptoms to watch for, and any dietary restrictions.
- Once home, a transitional care professional from our agency in Raleigh can assist your loved one with tasks such as dressing, bathing, walking, fall prevention, preparing meals, medication reminders, transportation to appointments, and other tasks.
- At our office, we can help coordinate the delivery of meals, medications, medical equipment, and more.
Contact Visiting Angels of Raleigh now at 919-694-4482 to learn more about our elderly home care services or to schedule a hospital visit from our care coordinator.
Serving Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest, Fuquay Varina and other Wake County, NC Communities
Visiting Angels Raleigh, North Carolina5700 Six Forks Rd #102
Raleigh, NC 27609
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.