How Visiting Angels Helps Seniors in Raleigh, NC and Surrounding Areas Avoid Hospital Readmissions
In the United States, it is estimated that within the first month after discharge, over 2.6 million seniors are readmitted to the hospital. This contributes to expenses totaling $26 million per year according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service.
Nobody wants to see their loved one become a statistic and the Ready-Set-Go Home program from Visiting Angels of Raleigh can help. Our private home care services have helped countless seniors in Raleigh, Wake Forest, Cary, Fuquay-Varina, Garner, Apex, Holly Springs, Zebulon, and surrounding communities in Wake County, NC, for over 23 years.
In-home supportive services through the Ready-Set-Go-Home program can help your loved one with tasks after discharge, making recovery at home more successful. Our assistance enables your loved one to focus on getting home and getting better. Transitional care professionals from Visiting Angels of Raleigh are dedicated to providing compassionate support to seniors and disabled adults so they can avoid hospital readmissions.
"When my mother was recovering from hip surgery, she loved having help and companionship from her 'Angel.' Visiting Angels was incredibly responsive and caring. Our family will use them again when the need arises."
- Gerry D.
Why Hospital Readmissions Occur
We have experienced insight as to why hospital readmissions occur and how our in-home supportive services can help. Most hospital readmissions are caused by an inability to follow the physician's discharge instructions. There are many factors which may contribute to this problem.
Some of the common reasons seniors end up being readmitted to the hospital include:
- Exhaustion and fatigue from interrupted sleep schedules in the hospital
- Difficulty following a physician prescribed meal plan
- Struggling to manage an illness or injury at home
- Lack of support for limited mobility and increased fall risk
- Failure to take prescribed medications as directed
- Difficulty getting to therapies or follow-up appointments
How the Ready-Set-Go Home Program from Visiting Angels of Raleigh Helps Seniors Recover at Home
The Ready-Set-Go Home program from Visiting Angels of Raleigh can help your loved one avoid hospital readmission after discharge. Our three-pronged approach to providing in-home supportive services for those returning from the hospital has successfully supported countless local seniors in Wake County in their recovery.
Here's how the Ready-Set-Go Home program works:
- While in the hospital, our care coordinators can visit your loved one and provide them with our free discharge planning guide. This guide can help you keep track of medications, follow-up visits, symptoms to watch for, and any dietary restrictions.
- Once home, our caregivers can assist your loved one with private home care services such as dressing, bathing, walking, fall prevention, preparing meals, medication reminders, transportation to appointments, and other tasks.
- At our Raleigh office, we can help coordinate the delivery of meals, medications, medical equipment, and more.
Contact Visiting Angels of Raleigh now at 919-694-4482 to learn more about our in-home supportive services or to schedule a free consultation from our care coordinator.
Serving Raleigh, Cary, Wake Forest, Fuquay-Varina and other Wake County, NC Communities
Visiting Angels RALEIGH, NC5700 Six Forks Rd #102
Raleigh, NC 27609