Prevent Falls with Senior Care Services in Appleton
At Visiting Angels® Appleton, WI, we offer a wide range of senior care services to help your loved one maintain their independence. As part of our initial senior care service consultation, we offer a free Fall Risk Assessment. A member of the administrative team from Visiting Angels Appleton will help you to identify potential fall risks in your loved one's home so you can help to keep your loved one safe.
While we offer a wide variety of tips and suggestions during our assessment, some of the easiest and most convenient fall prevention tips our senior care services professionals offer include:
- Remove clutter to create clear walking paths
- Make sure your loved one wears sturdy, properly fitting shoes with nonskid soles
- Discuss how to prevent falls and what to do if a fall occurs with all family members
- Add double-sided tape under throw rugs, especially at the corners
- Install a raised commode seat, handrails, shower/tub grab bars or a shower seat.
Our senior care services providers also recommend checking in with your loved one's doctor frequently to discuss the risk of falls. While we provide non-medical senior care services, we recommend the following;
- Your loved one has regular medical, vision and hearing checkups.
- Notify the doctor about dizziness, shortness of breath, joint pain, and leg and feet numbness.
- Provide the doctor with a list of all medications your loved one takes. Don't forget over-the-counter medications and supplements.
- Ask about a healthy diet. Poor nutrition and infrequent eating contributes to weakness, increasing the risk for falls.
- Be sure eyeglass prescriptions are current. Check lens for scratches, ensure glasses fit well, and they are worn.
- Check hearing aid fit and batteries.
At Visiting Angels Appleton, our senior care service professionals can help seniors and disabled adults avoid falls with their compassionate care. Our senior care services include help with a wide range of tasks and activities. Some of the most common assistance we provide includes:
- Bathing and personal grooming assistance
- Vacuuming and light cleaning
- Preparing meals
- Driving to the doctor or other appointments
- Grocery shopping
- Monitoring medication and fluid intake
If you are worried about a loved one's safety at home, senior care services can help. Call Visiting Angels Appleton today to find out how we can help your loved one live safely at home.
Serving Outagamie County
Visiting Angels APPLETON, WI17 Park Place #150
Appleton, WI 54914
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.