How Our Home Care Agency Is Helping Seniors in Frankenmuth, MI and Surrounding Areas Boost Their Immune System
Here’s how our home care agency is helping seniors in Frankenmuth, Saginaw, Bay City and surrounding communities in the Great Lakes Bay region of Michigan stay safe and improve their immunity during the COVID-19 outbreak
Although people of all ages run the risk of getting infected with coronavirus, seniors and people with autoimmune disorders, heart disease and other medical conditions are more vulnerable to becoming severely ill, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). This is why it is highly important to ensure the well-being of your senior loved one during the outbreak and keep their immune system in top condition. At Visiting Angels Frankenmuth, our home care agency can help you achieve that goal.
The Importance of Maintaining a Healthy Senior Care Routine in Frankenmuth, MI and Surrounding Areas
Several simple lifestyle changes can drastically boost your loved one’s immune system and help them stay healthy and strong.
- Getting a good night’s sleep – Contrary to popular belief, seniors need as much sleep as younger adults. According to the Mayo Clinic, your loved one should get at least seven hours of sleep per night to make sure their body functions properly. Our caregivers can help your loved one relax before bedtime so they can get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintaining a healthy diet – Our home care agency offers meal planning and preparation services in Frankenmuth and surrounding areas. With help from our trained caregivers, your loved one can maintain a well-balanced diet and remain healthy. Our care providers can also go grocery shopping when needed, so that your parent doesn’t have to leave their home.
- Performing regular exercise – Your parent can stay active by doing low-impact exercises.
- Staying hydrated and keeping to medication schedules – Our caregivers can provide medication reminders when needed and make sure your loved one stays properly hydrated.
- Washing your hands – According to the CDC, it is important to wash hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If your loved one needs help with maintaining personal hygiene, our caregivers can assist them with bathing, dressing and other personal care tasks.
Reducing Stress to Improve Health
If this ongoing situation is making your loved one overwhelmed and stressed, there are several ways they can reduce their anxiety.
- Stay in touch with family and friends online – As a part of the Social Care program from Visiting Angels Frankenmuth, we can help your loved one utilize technology and stay in touch with family members and friends through various programs and apps.
- Take a break from the news – Listening about the pandemic 24/7 can cause feelings of stress, so it is important that your loved one takes a break from the news every now and then and focuses on activities that bring them joy.
For more information on how our local home care agency in Frankenmuth, MI can help your loved one stay safe and healthy at home, contact us today.