Expert In-Home Parkinson’s Care Services for Seniors in Jersey City, NJ and Surrounding Areas
Parkinson's Care in Jersey City, NJ
Has your loved one been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease? If so, you may be feeling a lot of fear and uncertainty-- which is normal. The most common questions you may be asking yourself are:
- How quickly will symptoms escalate?
- When will symptoms occur?
- How will this impact their independence and quality of life?
Visiting Angels Jersey City is here to help you work through these questions and the diagnosis through our Parkinson's Care services. We have the information and care needed to support your loved ones while keeping them safely in their own home for as long as possible. We have compiled a list of things you should know about the disease and how we serve those.
- Other symptoms patients experience include trouble with balance, falls due to postural instability, confusion, and fatigue.
- Most patients live 10-20 years after the initial diagnosis. This disease generally occurs around the age of 60.
- Symptoms will gradually appear, advancing as time goes on. The most common symptoms are tremors and shaking, as well as slowness and stiffness known as Bradykinesia.
- Doctors don't know why the illness occurs, but they understand that dopamine production is impacted when the brain begins to decline. This neurotransmitter is responsible for brain-to-muscle communication so that patients experience a loss of motor function.
- This disease is a degenerative neurological disease. It slowly progresses over time, which is why Parkinson's Care can be helpful.
Parkinson's Care: How Visiting Angels Jersey City Can Help
When your loved one is first diagnosed with Parkinson's, they may feel as if they do not need a lot of extra attention and support. As time goes on and the disease worsens, there are many areas of care that they may need assistance with. This is when Visiting Angels come in hand! We offer a variety of non-medical services that help with Parkinson's care. We also provide family caregivers with respite care. Just some of the specific ways we can help your loved one includes:
- Social support and companionship
- Monitoring so that falls don't happen
Help grocery shopping and preparing meals
Transportation to and from doctor and therapy appointments
Personal care assistance when bathing and dressing
Visiting Angels understand that not all individuals will require the same kind of care services, much less will they need care during business hours. This is why we offer care after-hours for emergencies that happen in the evenings or on the weekends.
If you are ready to move forward with Parkinson's care from Visiting Angels Jersey City, give us a call! We are waiting to hear from you and set up your free, no-obligation consultation.
Serving Jersey City, Bayonne and the Surrounding Area
Visiting Angels JERSEY CITY, NJ366 Broadway
Bayonne, NJ 07002