Assisted Home Care on Amelia Island
When Parents Don’t Want to Accept Care
It is entirely common for aging parents to resist accepting outside care. In fact, our assisted home care on Amelia Island runs across this situation often. Primary family caregivers are often wrestling with guilt about forcing the issue but feeling overwhelmed trying to keep up with their parents' increasing needs.
How To Talk to Your Parents About Accepting Help
Our team at Visiting Angels® Jacksonville has some helpful advice for primary caregivers about how to deal with this situation.
- First, it helps to try and understand and empathize with where your parents are coming from with their reluctance. Have a conversation where you acknowledge their reluctance and their fears/concerns and then validate their feelings about the matter.
- Next, explain to your parents that this is something you need. Be careful to emphasize they are not a burden but trying to balance your own life with caring for them is just a little too much and having the professional help would make you a better caregiver.
- Explain that professional caregivers–especially those we work with at Visiting Angels Jacksonville, are all thoroughly vetted. They go through extensive background checks, reference checks, and a lengthy interview process.
About Our Assisted Home Care on Amelia Island
Our professional team at Visiting Angels Jacksonville has an already-established reputation as the area’s leading provider of assisted home care services. We are known for our caring and compassionate caregivers who treat seniors with dignity and respect.
We personalize your parents’ services to suit their exact needs and preferences. As an example of the types of assistance we can provide, we offer:
- Mobility assistance
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Dignified bathing and grooming assistance
- Incontinence aid
- Safe transportation to and from local appointments and more
- Light housekeeping help
- And much more
We provide a wide range of typical assisted home care services as well as specialized services. Using our Life Care Navigation™ system, we draw from one or more of these services to customize a plan for your loved one that remains flexible as their needs change.
Amelia Island Area Assisted Home Care Service Area
We’re proud to be locally owned and operated, serving our senior neighbors in:
- Amelia Island
- Fleming Island
- Orange Park
- Neptune Beach
- Atlantic Beach
- Jacksonville Beach
- And the surrounding area
To learn more about how our Amelia Island area assisted home care programs can help ease your aging parents’ concerns about accepting outside help, please contact our caring and warm-hearted team at Visiting Angels Jacksonville today.
Serving Jacksonville, Amelia Island, Duval, Clay, and Nassau Counties
Visiting Angels JACKSONVILLE & AMELIA ISLAND, FLORIDA4250 Lakeside Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32210
HCA232729 & HHA299994100