Transitional Care in Jacksonville Helps Avoid Hospital Readmissions
Ready-Set-Go Home with Transitional Care
When seniors return home after a hospital stay, they need all the help they can get during their recovery. That’s why Visiting Angels® Jacksonville offers our Ready-Set-Go Home program for post-hospital transitional care. Through this program, we provide seniors in the Jacksonville, FL area with non-medical care during recovery from a major illness, injury, or surgery. Designed around your loved one’s doctor’s orders and specific care concerns, this program encourages a healthy recovery and can help seniors avoid re-hospitalization.
Transitional care services from Visiting Angels Jacksonville are available to seniors throughout the Jacksonville area, including those in nearby communities like Amelia Island, Fernandina, Fleming Island, and Orange Park.
Benefits to Post-Hospital Transitional Care
Depending on the reason for your loved one’s hospital stay, he or she may be at high risk of rehospitalization during the first few weeks of recovery. Among Medicare patients, roughly 20% of seniors will end up back in the hospital within 30 days of their discharge, and this number is even higher for seniors recovering from conditions like a heart attack or a broken hip.
To encourage a healthy recovery, transitional care services from Visiting Angels Jacksonville offer the helping hand that seniors need during the transition home after a hospital stay. Our caregivers help seniors avoid common mistakes and minimize complication risks during their recovery. We also monitor seniors for signs of problems while they recuperate.
Some of the ways our transitional care services help seniors in the Jacksonville area include:
- Reminders and accompaniment for important appointments.
- A helping hand with difficult personal tasks, which may include dressing, grooming, bathing, toileting, or eating.
- Assistance for seniors with limited mobility.
- Conversation, company, and moral support through the recovery process.
- Medication reminders.
- Helping seniors follow a healthy diet.
Jacksonville’s Source for Transitional Care Services
Visiting Angels Jacksonville has developed a reputation for exceptional transitional care thanks in part to our three-point approach.
- At the hospital — During the planning stages for your loved one’s discharge, we will provide professional guidance and take an active role in the process. We take extraordinary care to make sure your loved one’s care plan follows all medical directives.
- At the client’s home — Our caregivers provide a wide range of non-medical support services during your loved one’s recovery. Care is provided as often as needed on a part-time, full-time, or 24-hour basis.
- At our office — The Visiting Angels Jacksonville office is always available to address care concerns or help manage your loved one’s care. We have caregivers available 24/7 and operate an after-hours line for care emergencies.
Call Visiting Angels Jacksonville today to learn more about our transitional care services.
Serving Jacksonville, Amelia Island, Duval, Clay, and Nassau Counties
Visiting Angels JACKSONVILLE & AMELIA ISLAND, FLORIDA4250 Lakeside Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32210
HCA232729 & HHA299994100