Get Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Home Care Services from Visiting Angels Richmond
As you begin to explore home care services, you might be wondering what resources are available. At Visiting Angels Richmond, we provide top-quality care for our local friends and neighbors in Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Short Pump and throughout Henrico and Hanover Counties.
When you partner with Visiting Angels Richmond, your elderly loved one can remain at home or in assisted living while getting the flexible, personalized in-home senior care they need.
- What does it mean to “age in place”?
- What services does Visiting Angels Richmond provide?
- What about assisted living centers and nursing homes?
- Can I change my care plan, my schedule or my caregiver?
- When can we start?
Seniors who choose to “age in place” want to remain in their homes, rather than moving into a facility or retirement residence. Aging in place means remaining independent and maintaining their unique lifestyle while growing older. Seniors often want to stay in their familiar setting among the neighbors and pets they’ve grown to love. At Visiting Angels Richmond, our in-home senior care services enable clients to remain at home while getting help with daily tasks which might have become too difficult.
- Personal Care: We assist with meal planning and preparation; light housekeeping; errands, grocery shopping, and transportation to appointments; mobility assistance; medication reminders; and personal hygiene.
- Companion Care: We fulfill your loved one's needs for social interaction and emotional support.
- Social Care: We help seniors use modern technology like email, search engines, and video chat programs to stay in touch with friends and family.
- Memory Care: We provide in-home care for seniors living with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and other forms of dementia. We assist with fall prevention, wandering prevention and sundown syndrome.
Sometimes our clients move into live-in facilities and realize that the care does not completely meet their needs, especially if the facility is at maximum capacity. Our caregivers can be present around-the-clock or for just a few hours a day to provide supplemental personal care and attention.
We’ll work with you to satisfy your care needs and answer your questions about our home care services. We’ll accommodate schedule changes and caregiver change requests. With our Select Your Caregiver program, you can be sure of a great fit. Although, if you believe the match is not quite right, you can request a different caregiver at any time, for any reason. We’ll modify care plans as needed when health conditions change. We strive to be flexible and communicative because our priority is to provide the best possible care for your loved one and you.
If you'd like to get started with Visiting Angels Richmond, simply get in touch with our office and schedule a free in-home consultation. Our owner, Jason Olsen, will explain our services, scheduling, costs and more, as well as answer your questions and address your concerns. Jason has over 13 years of home care experience and a strong background in customer service, so you can count on him to work with you to find the right solution for your loved one.
If you decide that Visiting Angels Richmond is the right choice, we'll have you meet with our caregivers to find the perfect companion for your loved one. We'll also arrange a consultation with one of our two Registered Nurses. They will gather medical info, any current diagnosis, assess the home for safety, identify any risks and outline specific activities that our caregivers can help with.
Our caregivers can typically begin providing in-home senior care services within 48 hours of the initial consultation. In some cases, we can begin providing care the same day.
If you want to learn more about our home care services, contact our Richmond, VA office today.
Serving communities in the Metro Richmond Area including Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Henrico & Hanover Counties
Visiting Angels RICHMOND, VA4914 Radford Ave #211
Richmond, VA 23230