Long-Term Care at Home for Seniors in Richmond, VA and Nearby Communities
Long-term care from Visiting Angels can help seniors in Richmond, Mechanicsville, VA and surrounding communities in Henrico and Hanover Counties when they develop advanced care needs and improve their quality of life
Over time, elderly adults can develop age-related difficulties or get diagnosed with conditions that can make completing activities of daily living (ADLs) challenging. Even tasks that we think are simple—such as getting dressed, walking from one room to the next or washing dishes—can be difficult for older adults who have Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer and other illnesses and diseases. However, your loved one still values their independence, so an assisted care facility might not be the best option.
That’s why Visiting Angels offer long-term care for seniors in Richmond, VA and surrounding areas to get them the care and support they need to manage their symptoms in the comfort of their own home.
What Does Long-Term Home Care from Visiting Angels Richmond Include?
Our caregivers can help your loved one with the personal care they need to make living at home a little bit easier. Our long-term care plans include the specific services our clients need to stay safe, healthy and comfortable in their own home.
Our caregivers can help in many different ways, including:
- Planning and preparing healthy meals
- Helping your loved one bathe and get dressed
- Assisting with grooming, hygiene and incontinence care
- Providing mobility assistance to prevent falls
- Transporting your loved one to doctor’s appointments or errands
- Light housekeeping
- Medication reminders
- Meaningful companionship
- And more
Our care solutions can make it easier for your loved one to successfully manage age-related difficulties and symptoms of diagnosed conditions by helping them stick to a healthy routine in familiar surroundings.
How Can Long-Term Care Help My Loved One?
Our home care services can greatly benefit your loved one in the long run. Here are some of the many ways long-term home care can help seniors:
- For seniors with chronic illnesses, our essential personal care services can help them manage their symptoms and stick to a healthy routine.
- Seniors with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, ALS and other memory and cognitive illnesses not only receive assistance with daily activities, but ongoing monitoring from attentive and compassionate caregivers. This can help them avoid falling, wandering and anything else that can pose a risk to their health.
- Seniors receiving in-home treatment for cancer can receive meaningful companionship and help with personal tasks that may become difficult for them to do on their own during treatment.
- For seniors with irreversible vision and mobility issues, our services provide the comprehensive and flexible care needed to remain comfortable and safe in familiar surroundings.
How Can My Loved One Afford In-Home Senior Care?
Understandably, long-term home care can be expensive for some families. Fortunately, a long-term care insurance policy can help your loved one offset the cost of care. If your loved one needs assistance with ADLs, they may be eligible to use these benefits to get reimbursed for the cost of quality home care services after a certain period of time. If your loved one already has a policy, speaking with an insurance broker can help your family understand their specific policy.
If your loved one needs long-term home care services, contact our Richmond, VA office today.
Serving communities north of the James River including Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Henrico & Hanover Counties
Visiting Angels RICHMOND, VIRGINIA4914 Radford Ave #211
Richmond, VA 23230
Each Visiting Angels agency is a franchise that is independently owned and operated. The Franchisor, Living Assistance Services Inc., does not control or manage the day to day business operations of any Visiting Angels franchised agency.