Medication Reminders from Dependable Caregivers at Visiting Angels Richmond
Visiting Angels Richmond is a professional home care provider, meaning that our compassionate and dedicated caregivers are able to assist seniors with a variety of Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). This includes things like meal preparation, light housekeeping and laundry, help with bathing and mobility assistance.
We’re also able to provide medication reminders to help seniors in Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen and nearby areas in Henrico and Hanover Counties take their prescribed medications correctly and at the right time each day. Because we strictly provide essential personal care, we cannot administer medications or organize pill boxes. Our caregivers can remind seniors to take pills and other medications that have already been organized by family members or health care providers.
Why Medication Reminders Are Important for Seniors
It is common for seniors to take multiple medications throughout the day. Often there are pills that need to be taken at a certain time each day – morning, afternoon or before bed – and pills that should be taken with food, water or on an empty stomach. Managing the schedule and instructions of multiple medications can be confusing, especially for seniors with dementia.
Our caregivers can help by proving medication reminders. This includes:
- Setting a timer so that your loved one knows when it is time to take medications
- Giving a verbal reminder that it is time to take medication
- Making sure instructions for medications are followed, such as taking with food or a full glass of water
- Watching seniors take or administer their medication to make sure it is done successfully
- Tracking the dates and times that each medication was taken so that family members know that it was done
- Monitoring for any side-effects or symptoms when new medications are introduced
In most cases, taking medications correctly and consistently is essential to the medicine's effectiveness. If your loved one forgets a blood pressure medication, it can have serious negative affects their overall health.
Meaningful Assistance from Professional Caregivers at Visiting Angels Richmond
Medication reminders are just one piece of the home care services Visiting Angels Richmond can provide. While in the home, our caregivers can also assist with:
- Grocery shopping, running errands and meal preparation
- Companionship and conversation during mealtime that promotes eating and keeps seniors engaged
- Light household chores such as taking out the trash and washing linens or bath towels
- Personal hygiene like showering, getting on and off the toilet, and getting dressed
The home care services your loved one receives is based entirely on their wants and needs. Each care plan in customized to the level of care required, preferred schedule and personality of each senior client.
Contact Visiting Angels Richmond to Learn More!
If you’d like to learn more about medication reminders and the other in-home care services we offer, please call our office in Richmond, VA today. We’ll schedule a free In-Home Assessment where we can meet with you and your loved one to develop a custom care plan.
Contact us today to get started!
Serving communities in the Metro Richmond Area including Richmond, Mechanicsville, Glen Allen, Short Pump, Henrico & Hanover Counties
Visiting Angels RICHMOND, VIRGINIA4914 Radford Ave #211
Richmond, VA 23230